Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can send but not recieve

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by txfireman110, Nov 4, 2003.

1. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

I have an $80 dollar CB in my rig and I think it is a good one, at least I did like it before. Recently though, I am able to send and be read clearly, but I am not able to recieve and I have done the obvious such as check the volume, the antenna, the cable, and the connections and all seem to be in good working order! Any suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

If it isn't anything like the antenna connections or knobs/switches in the wrong place etc then you probably have a real problem.

Have you tried listening to another radio transmitting really close(like a few feet away)?
    Do you not here ANYTHING? as if the squelch is turned up? (it isn't right?) Does the radio indicate at all it is receiving anything? Signal strength meter/lights change?

If the radio "looks" like it is receiving but you aren't hearing anything then it might be as simple as a blown speaker or a loose wire in the microphone cable(some radios have to have a wire grounded in the mic to activate the speaker).

If the radio doesn't show any signs that it is receiving signals then you might want to find another cheap radio or find a local cb shop to check it out.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Make sure it's set to CB and not PA. Turn RF gain all the way up and squelch is down.