Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can somebody measure their stock blazer for me?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Batmanjr, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I just got done putting a custom lift on the truck and em curious at where I'm sitting at! Could someone please measure from the concreate to the beauty line on the their stock blazer.......... One measurement from the front fender, and one from the rear fender..... Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Beauty line? Is that the trim line??

3. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

check out the tech psecs here for your year blazer. it will give you stock heighth.

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

What year model is it? I've got an 84 that is stock with 31x10.5 on it. If you want I could measure that for ya. Just specify what you mean by body line so I can get the right measurement. Or I can just measure from the ground to the bottom of the rocker.

Kris

5. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Beauty line = trim line!

it's the only relative line I still have on my truck! The rackers are gone, the fenders are trimmed and it's the most constant item that's still there! Year, 84 will work! I would be most appreciative if you would measure that for me! Thanks!
    The problem with the tach section is it doesn't give adequate measuring points for highly modified trucks! I don't have stock bumpers, and the truck has no ground lines any more! Thanks though! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Still need these measurements! Thanks guys! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

16" from ground to bottom of rocker.

Edit: oops, didn't see you don't have rockers /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Not everybody can afford that fancy-ass trim! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Anywhere else I could measure to?

8. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

shound measure to an area on the frame.. then add for body lift if you have one.

mike

9. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Do you know that bend in the sheet metal, right above the wheel wells that go all the way down the side of the vehichle and is supposed to be straight! That is the line I'm refering too...... Can I please get a measurement from the line on the front fender to the concreate, and from the line on the rear corner panels to the concreate.... That would be great!!!!! thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Bruce, I have a stock 1980 beat to crap Blazer sitting in the shop with bald P235 15" tires on it. The front measuires 39.5" and the rear measures 43". There is not lift just old age on this crate.

11. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! That's close enough! I'm really just looking for an estimate to see where the 63" rears and the 52" fronts left me sitting! thanks alot! Bruce! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

OH, gotcha. I'll measure in a few if you still want me to, or is 45acp's measurement good enough for your purpose?

13. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

do you still have the stock bumpstops? if so thats the most accurate way to measure lift. from the axle tube to the bumpstop mount face. unless your wanna know how high combined with bigger tires. my truck was 9" in front. dont remember what it was in back, i could find out tho