Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can somebody please help me identify this lift kit...pics inside

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 01maroonz71, Feb 8, 2007.

1. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

well, i bought the truck as it sits, and here is a picture of it with a 3in BL and ???in suspension on 38x15.50 grapplers

[​IMG]
    ...now it rubs a decent amount, but mainly in reverse...im geussing a 4in suspension lift, but now im leaning more towards a 2in rancho....whatever it is, im getting ready to go bigger

i can't find any part numbers anywhere!!!!

here are some more pics....there are some things i should point out also.... the rear blocks look like 2in blocks, but the rear spring packs have like 7 springs, plus an overload(straight) spring...i don't see any add-a-leafs, also in the driverside front ,there is some kind of a block welded to the axle for some reason, the front is level(left to right) and has the same amount of springs on each side but i don't know what the hell is goin on(see pic) can anybody shine some light on this, or maybe geuss how big this kit is...hopefully it's a 2in, b/c im wanting to throw an 8in on here in the next week or two. thanks ya'll
    here are the pics:

see...no AAL, but are these stock 1/2ton springs???? and 2in blocks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

here's that weird 1in tall block that's welded to the perch, it's in the shape of a plus sign. hmmmm....
    [​IMG]

and passenger side front(no block thing like drivers side)
    [​IMG]

i should also add that the front leaf packs have 6leafs in them and it rides like absolute sh*t IMHO. i need more lift, and a better ride!!!!!!!

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

My buddy has some weird a$$ block uner the front of his truck that is also 1" tall and in the shape of a plus sign. I dont know if its welded but its weird...His is bigger than yours though

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Btw, a custom set of alcans is the ONLY way to go if you want 6" + and good ride... The differance is incredible! Just ask Rene...

Even smaller height springs cant compare...

Those look like stock rear springs from a heavier truck too...

His is both sides...

4. 01maroonz71

yeah, it's really kickin my @ss trying to figure it out. it don't seem very safe to me, but without it, the driver side will sag...damnit. im going to get to the bottom of this if it's the last thing i do

is his only on one side??? or both sides????

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

If thats the case one of the springs is sagged and this was used to even it out... New springs are needed, his is under both sides...

6. 01maroonz71

gotcha....well, the shocks are rancho, but it looks like rancho has a 2.5, but i can't find a 4in lift...would 5.5inches of lift(2.5rancho and 3in body) clear 38x15.50's???? maybe it's not a rancho lift...damn this truck, oh yeah, im ready to order a lift right now and im going to call alcan tomm to see what they want...ill just get front springs and do a shackle flip/blocks out back. then get a steering arm/and block. that should get er done!!!!!!! i just wish i knew how much lift im going to be getting here.

oh yeah, the TC crossmemeber isn't dropped if that helps. i do plan on dropping it when i do the lift though to help out driveline issues(thank goodness i've got a longbed) :)

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

it only looks like 5-6 " cause of how close the tires are and the size of the rear block...

Ok here the my opinion on your plans...

Alcans- they are custom made for your truck, they are made for the weight/ amount of lift and what you are using the truck for. I think its like 400-450 for a set of springs but WELL worth it... They are the best bang for buck. www.alcanspring.com

Out back a flip and say 2" block wont be that bad, especialy if its just holding you over till you get 3" (roughly) springs...

DONT do a driveline drop... It isnt needed, shim the axles if needed but dont run a drop.

You already have a raised steering arm so you should be good there. Dont ever run a block under a steering arm, yes they make them but they are a very bad idea...Crossover is the ultimate solution...

8. 01maroonz71

awesome man...im calling alcan tomm. if there was a second choice for flex/ride quality...what would it be?????
    would a driveline drop hurt anything except ground clearance????

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

4" kit to me and with 3" body those 38s look right in the fender for others i have seen. i had 1/2 ton frame and 6" with 3" body and 1 tons and had a lot more fender gap than you have now. the rear is home made 2 packs made in to 1 pack then 2" block to level it. i bet the frt springs are totaly shot and saged bad. thats why little block on dr side.

i am going bds springs in a few weeks. best off the shelf spring you can buy with no b.s warrenty. http://www.bds-suspension.com/products/acc_bushings_sleevekits.php

and yes to a 4" flip in the back for sure then level it to with springs or little block to the frt end.

and for goodness get rid of the stock limiting bar.:haha:

10. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

Deaver! http://www.deaverspring.com/products.htm

11. 01maroonz71

according to BDS's site...i can get 8in front springs for under 400bucks....that and a shackle flip in the rear should bring the front up about 6inches, and the rear about 4 inches...which would be awesome!....

the bds site says i need to lengthen shafts for that though

hmmm...i can get a 6in rough country lift (complete) for under 500 shipped. dang. that's cheap as hell, would leave me mulah for crossover on my 3/4ton conversion...that may be the way to go...i only have around 1000 to spend....

also, i do need a new steering arm though right??? or is mine the stock one????

12. 01maroonz71

well...i found a complete 6in tuff country lift(blocks and aal rear) and shocks and steering arm for just over 500 shipped...

i also found 8in superlift springs for under 400 shipped

any input???

also...NTWonline has a 6inch suspension special for 349.00....wonder what brand that is...it comes with shocks and everything except for steering correction, i would run my current arm till i get crossover/highsteer.

hmmmm....

13. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Those kits are cheaper but you get what you pay for...

Deaver are really good springs but are 2x what alcan sell for the same cost...

BDS are good spring but are nothing compared to alcans... neither are tuff countrys...

In most peoples opinions, the 2 best leaf spring companys (off the shelf, not custom) are tuff country and bds, NO ONE else even comes close to ride/ warranty/ quality.

Like I said though, you get what you pay for... Tuff country and bds are a generic spring whereas alcans/ deavers are made specificly for YOUR truck...

14. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Go for the 6" Tuff Country Ez-Ride springs. For generic springs they ride very well. Also STAY AWAY FROM BLOCKS!!!! Front or rear, they suck, cause axel wrap and hop, and make the truck ride worse. Go for all 4 springs.

15. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

chevy the brake lines...on the rear diff ive got a 70s blazer with a rancho lift and theres like a brake line prop valve extender that says rancho and its got a part number on it...mine has like 6" blocks though...