Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can someone get me dimensions for a 76-84 Washer jar?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Mar 2, 2007.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Dec 28, 2001
    I need the dimensions (LxWxH) of the 76-84 windshield washer jar.
    I hate the 73-76 one, it's way to small. I'm trying to package in my engine compartment with tilt forward front clip, and I don't have a whole lot of room.
    The 85-up jar has a semi-built in pump and sucking thing which won't work with the older pump.
  2. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Why don't you go ahead and convert it to the electric pump style? I did on my 75. I ran the pump off of the stock switch from the wiring going to the stock washer pump solonoid. As far as the hose routing goes, take the main line that fed the stock pump, put a "t" on the end of it and hook the lines from the squirters. Do what ever you want to strip the stock pump off of the wiper motor to clean up the apperance.

I'm using a washer bottle off of a 91-94 S10 blazer but it's got two pump (front and back). It was free, but will be changing to a single pump jar off of a Morgan body step van. The Two pump S10 blazer bottle is about 10" long, 5" wide and 3-4" tall. Sounds like a little big for your needs. I did some boneyard searches and found a smaller single pump version on similer year S10 blazers. Same width/hieght just shorter length. One alternative is the washer jug from a later S10 (95&up). I found one of those in the yard and they are a more vertical setup. Very tall as it's mounted on the S10 core support but at most 4-5" square. Might be a possibility.

I can tell you this, the stock mechanical pumps suck. I'd rebuilt mine once and 6 months later it started acting up again. All the little widgets just get worn out. If I aimed my squirters right I'd be able to hit the next car behind me at a stop light.
  3. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Don't bother with putting in a stock unit. I have an 83 K10, which loves the MUD! I will be getting a 5 gallon plastic water tank, and will hook up a line with a spout to feed off. I will run a rubber line through the cab, back through the firewall, to the pump. You cannot get enough soapy water to keep the windshield clean while playin' in the MUD! 5 Gallons of wash is for serious players and can easily be refilled. Overall, the project should run less that $40.00, but is well worth it!

I am also looking into a bed application as well to locate the tank.