Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can someone help me out? I'm desperate.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blaze, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Can someone help me out? I\'m desperate.

I know this should go in the classified section, but I can't afford a membership right now. You guys know me and know that I care about the rules on this site. It is just that I just finally got a job after a month and a half unemployment and now I'm $1900 in the hole, bouncing checks, and creditors are calling me. I'd pony up the $25 if I had it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Here's my situation:

I broke the driver's set back right off my seat in my 92 Yukon. Seat has been broken for a while, but it finally just snapped. I need a new seat desperately, it is my daily driver and I'm driving sitting on the bottom only, not safe or comfortable! I want to find a set of 60/40 bench seats out of a newer Yukon/Tahoe. Both my seats are broken, so I'm just gonna replace them both. Can anyone help me? I need a light tan/grey seat.

PLEASE HELP ME! I'M RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS!

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: Can someone help me out? I\'m desperate.

I dont have any extra seats.....

Can you weld the seat where it broke to get you by until you find something permanent?

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I can't weld for [darn], it would probably just snap again right away with my skills. I'm gonna try and drill it out and wire it together tonight.

Can I tak ethe passenger seat out and use it on the driver's side?

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I took my seats out of a '99 cavalier and I swapped the driver's and passenger seats around. There were two things to note: the factory buckle was attached to the seat and it made the slider levers a little odd to get to.

I just used the original blazer buckles which are bolted to the floor, and I deal with the slider lever being a little akward.