Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can someone help me w/ a little problem?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Avery4jc, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey guys I was going to post this earlier but then I saw boggerless' post and figured this was trivial but it's late and I want it to be up for the morning crowd.
    I'm in a bind because I was working with Virgilh on a deal w/ his Diesel titled Jimmy and he said he was going to drive it to work this week and check things out. He was supposed to send me more pictures days ago and I haven't gotten anything. No response to PM's, no response to threads, nothing.
    This wouldn't be a big deal but I'm stuck, I don't want to get the gears or start working with a tranny shop to get my K10 going if I'm getting his Jimmy because I'll probably get rid of my rig or just park it for a while.

Does anyone have his e-mail address, Mods?
    Or some way to get in contact w/ him? He's on here a lot but doesn't post up a whole lot so it's hard to track him down.

Thanks!

-Avery

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Can't help ya bud I would just say give it another couple of days. I doubt any of the mods would give any info out to anyone but they may contact him for you, I assume you have tried the phone directories and googled his name and stuff like that right? Hope it works out for ya

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Chill out. Not everyone is 17 and has nothing to do in the summer. Alot of people work, and have other things to do but ck5.

4. Avery4jc

I know but I've seen him on here in the past few days, that's why I was asking. If I didn't see him on here I wouldn't worry but he has been on each day for the past few days and I haven't even gotten a response to my PM's. Oh, well I guess I'll just play the waiting game.

-Avery

5. Avery4jc

I don't think I'm being impatient now, I just want a little contact. Could a mod or admin contact him for me since he doesn't let others e-mail him and his PM box is full? I would appreciate it.

-Avery

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No offense, but if the guy isn't interested in selling you the truck, walk away!

Don't get worked up over something you don't even own. Being impatient only ends up costing you money. :)

7. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

agreed. time to move on.

8. Avery4jc

Hmm, well as constructive as that was it isn't true. He has been trying to sell it for well over a year now and up until a few days ago we have been talking via PM's and his threads, he's a great guy I just don't know what happened to him.

-Avery

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I repeat, emphasis on a key word now "No offense, but if the guy isn't interested in selling YOU the truck, walk away!" :)

Seriously...the buyer is the one that goes through the effort of making the sale, you are the one coughing up hard earned cash for a relatively unknown, a used vehicle.

No slam on the guy selling, but if you really want something, find someone that is willing to put in the effort of actually selling it. That's just like walking into a dealership and being ignored because of age or dress. BTDT, they lost a sale. If it's been for sale for a year, maybe that says something too?

Opposite side of the coin, obviously people are busy, and if the guy isn't hurting for money, it probably takes a back burner to everything else in his life. I know if I'm selling something and don't *need* to make my money back on it, I don't expend much effort.

10. Avery4jc

That's true, hopefully he'll contact me but if not I guess I'll just forget about it. That kind of hurts though since we were through price negotiations and everything. All that was left was for me to come and pick it up.

I don't think he surfs around much, basically the garage, for sale stuff and year specific so I doubt he'll ever even see this. ;)

-Avery