Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can someone help me with my puter problems...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Aug 12, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Do not install previous versions of Internet Explorer on Windows 98. Older versions of Internet Explorer will not permit Internet Explorer 4.0 to function properly. If you accidentally install an older version of Internet Explorer over Internet Explorer 4.0, uninstall the older version of Internet Explorer and then reinstall Internet Explorer 4.0.

Thats how the details read after I get a message that says I cant open all of my pics I have after I messed with it trying to load pics to this site..... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif try installing IE5.5 or 6.0

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

let me try and explain a little better.I was trying to load some pics to members rides and the only way I could figure how to was to make the pics come up on the active desktop. While doing so I screwed something up and now when I try to open the internet explorer or open anything like pics from my puter it says the following...

iexplore.exe

setup has detected that you are running a version of windows that already includes the updated files or enhancements you are attempting to install.
    For more information , click details. click cancel to return to windows 98

So if you click on details you get this...

Do not install previous versions of Internet Explorer on Windows 98. Older versions of Internet Explorer will not permit Internet Explorer 4.0 to function properly. If you accidentally install an older version of Internet Explorer over Internet Explorer 4.0, uninstall the older version of Internet Explorer and then reinstall Internet Explorer 4.0.

and if you click cancel it does nothing, I ve been gettin on the internet via the little explorer icon by the start button. Please help the idiot.... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. mudhog

install IE 5.0 or above it has a built in feature that will fix errors like this it will repair itself just go to http://www.microsoft.com and download it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I can only find IE 5.5 service pack... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

The wife just told me we already have 5.0 , any other ideas....

7. mudhog

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

We downloaded 6.1 and it fixed it...Thanks bud.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

9. mudhog

no problem /forums/images/icons/smile.gif glad i could help /forums/images/icons/smile.gif