Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can someone hook me up please...~~UPDATE~~

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jersey, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

~~SEE UPDATE BELOW IN THIS POST~~

with a width measurement of either an D44 or a 10b 8 LUG front please? I know my 10b 6 LUG measures 67" but not sure if they get 2" wider when steppin up to 8 lug and i dont have access to one to measure it. I've got so many conflicting answers on this, just figured someone on here knows FOR SURE what it is. Thanks. Really appreciate it.

- Jersey

~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just wanted to inform of who might want to know....i found a 10b 8 lug yesterday and it measures about 69 1/2. So, if you have a 6 lug front and rear, there is about a 3" difference. Rear measures around 64 1/2 and front 67 1/2". A 14bff measures about 67" but you'll need to go 8lug front which will also get wider - about 69 1/2' which make this setup 2 1/2" of difference. I had a feeling the 8 lug 10b or 44 was wider than the 1/2 ton 10b 6lug. The reason i'm so interested in the widths, just to explain, is i'm doing the swap and i want to , if possible, make the front and rear even width (personal preference) I know i could use spacers or have custom stuff made, but just wanted to know if i could get something that would bolt up out of the junks and make it happen. Anyway, Later.

- Jersey

'91K5 - 350, 700R4, NP241, FlowMasters, 33's
    &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://pages.zdnet.com/len1313/blazer&gt;[/b]PICS[/b]&lt;/a&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Jersey on 11/08/01 02:13 PM.</FONT></P>

2. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: Can someone hook me up please...

well I Havent measured anything, I can tell you that when I swapped my outers to 3/4 ton nothing changed. So I would Assume that they are the same

3. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

They are the same.
    Mike

The jeep eater ......jeep it's what's for dinner[​IMG]

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

If ya mean the spring-perch center to center pin measurements, as I understand it, the 3 quarter ton stuff bolts into a half-ton. The one-ton rear spring perches are wider. What to look for is a 3/4 ton with the heavy option and full-floater rear and just bolt up wuth a combination U-joint.

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

5. Sandhills Blazer

Sandhills Blazer Registered Member

Where do I get one of the combination u-joints? Plan to put 14FF in my Blazer or the 56 StepSide. Thanks.

6. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Just hit the phone and keep asking around. Or somebody on here will throw out the part number. You could try a search, also, on here.

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

7. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Napa or autozone has em
    Mike

The jeep eater ......jeep it's what's for dinner[​IMG]

8. Sandhills Blazer

Sandhills Blazer Registered Member

Thanks Mike, I'll check Autozone my next trip over. I live in the sticks of SC. About 25 miles from anywhere. They don't have to pipe sunlight in to us yet though.

9. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

Thanks all. Just got a 14FF that measures just about 67" also and wanted to know if the front 10b or D44 8 luggers are going to measure the same. I just checked over on the the Pirate board it says they measure 69"? O'well. Hey, that Napa ujoint # is 447 for 1/2 ton driveshaft to a 14bFF yoke. Thanks again.

- Jersey

&lt;a target="_blank" href=http://pages.zdnet.com/len1313/blazer&gt;[/b]PICS[/b]&lt;/a&gt;

10. Jersey

Jersey 1/2 ton status

see first post for updated info.

<a target="_blank" href=http://pages.zdnet.com/len1313/myk5>[/b]PICS[/b]</a>