Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can someone run a plate for me???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5Chris, Nov 9, 2005.

1. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

got the info i need, thanks!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Why?????????????????????????????????????????

And NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  3. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

theres this abandoned k5 thats been sitting in this parking lot for a few months. the front end is wrecked (not that bad, just messed up the hood, grille and quarters), has no carb, flat tire, and broken window. i just wanted to contact the owner to see if he would sell it to me.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

go to dmv with the plate numbers and tell them you are looking to buy it and want to make sure its not stolen

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I remember going to the pomona swap meet a couple years ago. I went with my friend and his father (big bucks guy at a huge company..paid for the whole trip) anyways, he wwas thinking about buying this car at the meet for his son. He took the plate number and called up the local popo, they said "hell no we won't run a plate for you!" he called then next town over, they said "yea, no problem" -no questions asked :confused:

6. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

i'm pretty sure it's not stolen, becuase it's in a pretty buisy parking lot out in the open, and looks somewhat suspecious, and i'm sure a police officer has driven by and ran it. if it was stolen, it would have been toted off to police impound. but, it's been sitting there for at least 3 months.
    dmv wouldnt give me the owners name would they?

i just need to know how to contact the owner...

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

they have for me before

8. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Thanks BUBBA for continuing to maintain your high ethics....and for displaying same for the rest of us.... by NOT doing someone a favor :waytogo:

most people dont realize its a FELONY to use confidential info for non departmental stuff... and policemen who do...or have done it... risk everything

CLETS and JDIC now maintain a full time staff just keeping tabs on who runs what... big brother is your partner.....

No... my livelyhood.. my house payment... my freedom... was never worth doing a "favor"....

as posters said... if dmv wants to release it...cool... the liability is on them

9. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Most states have abandoned vehicle laws. If you wanted to, you could also use the VIN number for a title search.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And just to think that someone out there at one time ran a tag and it came back as either stolen or was reported to be involved in a very serious felony and that guy ran it for kicks. Nope, don't need to be 'splaining that one to the powers..................................

11. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I just don't want someone writing my plate down and then be able to get my address so they know exactly where to go to steal my truck....

Guy, you thought of maybe just leaving a note on the windshield? Worked for me before...

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

In my state, you can fill out a form at the local DMV office, pay $20, and get whatever's on the registration card that goes with the plates.

DMV's not giving out the owners SSN.

13. gone huntin

gone huntin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

14. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

woah fellas. ease up. i did not specifically ask anyone in particular to do it, and i certianly dont expect anyone to risk their job over it. if you dont want to do it, thats cool. i respect your integrity. i wouldn't do it either if i was a law enforcement officer. it wouldnt be worth my job. just thought if anyone wanted to, and didnt mind, they could. no big deal. it's ok though, because i got some info. dont know if it will help or not, but it's worth a try. to those who helped me, thank you!