Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can u help???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82K5_6.5L, Jun 30, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

ok, well i posted earlier that i broke something on the front axle, well my friend is being dumb and i cant get the pictures.. but i did find a pic on line here, if u go to the home page and click "Dana 60 35 Spline Upgrade Kit" mine isnt a dana 60 its a corp 10, so.. if u go down to the 4th set of pictures, click the middle pic or .. well i broke the outer ones, not connecting to the axle, the side 2 u-joint heads snapped and i cracked the casing in half.. so what should i do? how easy is it to fix??

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

just the short (outer) axle shaft is broken?

This one??
    [​IMG]

or is the inner shaft broken too? It is not hard to replace either way. I have the complete assembly (inner and outer shaft)for $45 plus shipping. It has a U-joint in it pretty good shape you can replace it if you want. the Dana 60 35 spline upgrade has the details on changing the shaft and the joint. PM me let me know.

3. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

well im pm u.. so are they hard to install?

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

No pretty easy just need a spindle socket for the wheel bearing locknuts..autozone carries them good purchase anyway you will need one someday. This article says how to remove and install axle shafts. This one gets into it a bit too. Basically remove the hubs, remove wheel bearing locknuts and bearings. remove brake caliper then the whole hub/rotor assembly will come off. Remove the 6 bolts holding the spindle on. Once that is removed you can pull the shafts out. let me know.