Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can we build a TV channel for guys like us?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Storm Trooper, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    This may sound dumb but many of you might already know that TNN is becoming Spike TV and they are asking for comments on what to show on it. I for one think /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif we need a channel that covers the stuff we love... Rock crawling, mud bogs, hill climbs, Baja etc. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    With over 13,000 members, we might make them think about it if we give them a push.
    I know some of you are going "Yea, Right /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif" but WTF? Why not try??? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Send them your ideas at Spike TV
    Maybe we can see some shows that we want to see. After all, we built this site, didn't we?
    It might be a good break now and then from the internet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
    (It would at least give our fingers a break now and then.... ) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Sent in My 2 cent's worth. If ALOT of Us, submit 4x4 type stuff, maybe We'll get lucky?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Storm Trooper

Thats what I thought. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

someone post this at pirate. . .hell even at the f*rd board, and the heeps, and dudge boards. . .

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i sent em some advice. I think it'd be great if they had atleast 2 4x4 shows. One could be all about competitive aspects of our sport, like mud drags, rock climbing comps etc... and second could be all about regular joes building rigs for fun (basically a tv version of what 4 wheeler and petersons do already). I'd love to watch that kinda show... still photos in mags are great, but video would be that much cooler. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Fast and the Furious... ghey as it was/is does show the bean counters that entertainment based on a niche automotive market can yield big $$$... so hopefully we can get a good 4x4 show out of this new channel. I highly recommend that peeps send em a message...

j

6. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

anyone here a movie producer? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif let's make "The rough and the rigourous" it'll be about TTC competitiors /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

i posted about this before. i think it would be sweet if it were an hour long show about regular rednecks like us playin in the mud fields with there toys.

8. Storm Trooper

Sorry I missed your post. Guess I've been working too hard.
    It would really be nice though. I'm sick of having 100+ channels and only 2 or 3 that have good stuff. No wounder I spend so much time in the garage or here /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif