Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can we get some wheeling/action pics/vids to go with all the build pics?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DavidB, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. DavidB

    DavidB 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2001
    Posts:
    2,617
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    El Centro, CA
    We all see how you build....now how well can you drive? And how effective are all those hours in the garage? What are they worth in the dirt? What's your build/wheel philosophy?
     
  2. jekbrown

    jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

    Joined:
    May 19, 2001
    Posts:
    45,030
    Likes Received:
    363
    Location:
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    no, because we're all web wheelers who work on their rig 99% of the time, and actually drive it the other 1%... :grin:

    j
     
  3. jms

    jms 1/2 ton status Author

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2001
    Posts:
    1,683
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    --
    My philosophy is 'wheel it now, and build it later...
     
  4. stallion85

    stallion85 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2003
    Posts:
    3,659
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cedar City, UT
    I wheel a minimum of once a month. My philosophy is wheel your rig and build it as you go. I think a lot of people get into their builds and hear things like you need this and you need that, but have never even taken there rig out of the garage! WTF??

    I have learned a lot from here and showed up at BB05' with a D44 front end and still got the "You don't have a D60?? looks". It was all good though, I was still able to hang with a lot of the guys who had bigger and badder rigs.

    I try to keep my K5 as simple as possible and my dis regard to body damage has labeled me as a crazy MOFO among my compadres here in Vegas. I am not afraid to try things that might end up in a roll or take out a large piece of sheet metal...my rig is so BLING BLING...lol.

    Bottom line, wheel it, break it, fix it better than it was, wheel it, break it, fix it better than it was, etc. you get the picture......
     
  5. 85mudblazin

    85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2004
    Posts:
    3,951
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Austin,TX
    Ill have some in about a week or two, when I finish my truck:D
     
  6. MT wheeler

    MT wheeler 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2005
    Posts:
    197
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Billings, MT
    I agree. Build it as you break it. I have 38in TSL's on a Dana 44 front, 14 bolt rear and used to run a Dana 44 front and 12 bolt rear and have not broke in quite a while. It probably has to do with I am working to much to go wheeling lately but never the less have fun with what you have. If you want to upgrade--GREAT but see how far you can push what you have first. You would be surprised at how much abuse the "small" stuff can take. When it does break it makes for learning and good carnage pics!

    Wheel on and Break Parts!
     
  7. rdn2blazer

    rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    Posts:
    16,486
    Likes Received:
    1,191
    Location:
    So Cal.
    web wheelers rule.:D :saweet: :saweet: :haha: you real world wheelers are just out to prove something.:p:
     
  8. BranndonC

    BranndonC 3/4 ton status

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2002
    Posts:
    8,591
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Anaheim, Ca
    you mean i'm supposed to get it dirty? take it off road? Yuck!
     
  9. rdn2blazer

    rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    Posts:
    16,486
    Likes Received:
    1,191
    Location:
    So Cal.
    you real world wheelers are trying to push some kinda sick cult Id say. :D :p:
     
  10. stallion85

    stallion85 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2003
    Posts:
    3,659
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cedar City, UT
    Here a few pic's to shamelessly self indulge myself:D

    EVMP0904.JPG

    EVMP0906.JPG

    P1010517.JPG

    P1010757.JPG
     
  11. BLZN4FN

    BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2000
    Posts:
    1,720
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Englewood Colorado
    Here are a few Not the best wheeling pics better ones to come

    China Wall March 060021.jpg

    China Wall March 060047.jpg

    China Wall March 060049.jpg

    China Wall March 060055.jpg

    China Wall March 060024.jpg
     

Share This Page