Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can we just start killing nigerian scammers?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jul 28, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

It's getting to the point where you can't sell anything on line without being hammered by these people!!

Hopefully this guy will spend some money on fedex overnight for me. I hope he loses a lot on it.

Here's how I replied to him:

Maybe he'll catch the clues, but probably not.

Argh!!! I just want to sell this equipment! I'm not even getting perked up when I see a new response to the ad anymore.

2. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Yeah these scams are really stupid and I don't know why anyone would fall for them. My brother has had a bunch of them try to buy stuff from him. He just messes with them.. has them send the fake checks/money orders and then tells them he never got them and to send some more. Often they do, sometimes 2 or 3 times. Fun to waste their time and money. The postal money orders these guys send are so poorly counterfeited too. There was misspelled words all over them. Once my bro emailed the guy and said he was just going to keep all the money, the guy mailed back with some bs about how his wife is dying and the only way she will live is if the money was sent to Nigeria for her medical bills. Funny thing was, the item the guy referenced in the email wasn't even what was being sold. :haha:

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Hey Ratch, just send him a big box with a picture of the system wrapped in bubble pack.

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha: :haha: :haha:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

You mean a fake check like this; [​IMG] Yeah, I lead them on too.

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Make sure the cashiers check clears the bank first. I like your name in the letter. :D

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Any of you guys actually try to cash one of those or deposit it in your account?

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I wish we could kill em...

I wish somebody would kill those nigerian spam letter senders--EVERY day I get one with a B.S. story about a "client" of the bank they work for "who tragically died in a plane crash,bus accident,political coup"etc,and they left 22 million U.S. dollars in the bank,and they need ME to help them get it!!--and supposedly I'll keep 60%,etc...they must think we are morons!--

I'd like to know how they keep getting in my E-mail box--only a few end up in my AOL "Spam Folder"...they always say the same thing "Please HELP"..."Can I TRUST you?".."Can You Spend This Money""Please Respond"--or just plain "URGENT"!!...I usually delete them for fear of letting a virus in,but often I'm duped into reading them,because I fear it might be someone I know trying to E-mail me!--but as soon as "Nigeria" shows up on the adress,I delete it !!.

Lately,I've getting "winning" notices from the "British Lottery"!!--saying I've won millions of "pounds"--but I dont think there is such a thing,and I have NEVER enetered any lottery online--so how could MY e-mail adress get chosen!..another thing to delete every day!..(if it was legit,I just deleted a few million bucks...oh well..)...

Anyone else get theese letters?--or is it just ME,because my sucky AOL internet service lets all the spam in along with everything else???.... :ears:

10. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Someone that my wife happened to say a few words to on yahoo sent her five $800 money orders to cash and send him the cash back. He said he will send them and she said she would have no part of it but the guy sent them anyway. The wife said last time she was at the sheriff dept. there were boxes of these things so there was no need in reporting this stuff. Don't know but it is not that hard to get an address for someone with a name and the city they are from.

11. 86dieselburb

86dieselburb 1/2 ton status

Try selling **** in the Recycler. I have 2 70-73 Z-28 Camaro rims listed. Everyday I get some email from the UK saying how they are an international parts collector or something like that. Always ask what is the present condition (like it says "good" in the ad, dumb****) and what is the best offer. I tell them the best offer is $5,000. They are listed for $200. The dumbasses usually agree. OH how I wish they were legit. I could retire from selling Z-28 rims...lol

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Didn't even bother taking it to the bank. Just scanned it and turned it off to my local PD.