Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can ya hear me now?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Feb 22, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

"The picture is of a U.S. Army Stryker that was hit by a 500 pound roadside bomb in northern Iraq on October 8th. The Stryker was hit on the right side while travelling down the road at about 60 kilometers an hour. The bomb was in a car parked by the side of the road, and went off as the Stryker drove by. The Stryker flipped over one and a half times and skidded about 30 feet. This bomb was so powerful that it knocked out lights in the rooms of soldiers at a base 2400 meters away. There were four soldiers in the Stryker, and none were hurt (aside from a ringing in the ears...). When the Stryker was flipped back upright, it was still able to move under its own power. "

Wow!

[​IMG]

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

That's why it's worth every penny we spent on these babies.

:grin:

3. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That is amazing no one was hurt. I wish my brother was in one of those in stead of the humvee he was in when he got wounded.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I say, any car has to be parked somewhere else or it will be shot up in advance. On the road, DEAD