Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can ya'll give me some brand names....

Discussion in 'Audio' started by muddin4fun, Aug 3, 2001.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Can ya\'ll give me some brand names....

...of subs that don't need a lot of box space? I'm thinking 10" Thanks audio gods! [​IMG]

I've got a mind like a . . . a . . . what's that thing called?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Re: Can ya\'ll give me some brand names....

Rockford Fosgate 10" XL Punch. Mine are mounted flush in my new .75 MDF side panels and sound great.

Derf00

"A WISE MONKEY NEVER MONKEYS WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY."

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

JL Audio 10's have been working in small boxes and sounding great for the last several years.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Kicker Solobarics are the best for small box applications, and are priced accordingly - Fosgate (to me anyway) is the second best.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

5. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

rockford fosgate, JL audio, alpine, image dynamic, and ppi are all really good brands to go with.. all take up about the same air space but i know that the image dynamic takes absolutly no air space at all.. i had a 15 from them and it only required .75 cubed.. that is what the recommended size for a sealed enclosure from the manufacturer.. But when they first started making the subs they had some problems with voice coils burning up out of no where... but they fixed this problem... As for solo-barics.. personally i dont like them.. dont like kicker at all... but that is my opinion.. i know alot that swear by them... if i was looking for a decent sub at a decent price i would look into the 10w3 jl audio and the fosgate he2 10 in...... Little more expensive then look into the alpine type r subs and the ppi piston drivers..... but best thing is what is always said in here... just go and listen for yourself... listen to alot of different subs in different enclosures and see what you like the best...

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]