Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can ya'll help me out??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by KrebsATM02, Nov 6, 2000.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Can ya\'ll help me out??

I couple days ago, i put up a post "Tell me if i've gone crazy". Can ya'll read this and tell me what you think? It would take alot of work to do all this but i think it would be sweet. Dblazer, do you think it would do anything weird to cover a wood inclousure in diamond plating??? I would appreciate ya'lls opinions. Thanks - Doug

Doug Krebs

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Re: Can ya\'ll help me out??

If you are going to cover the wood, just be sure to seal the wood as good as possible. I would probably coat the wood with fiberglass to seal it. As for the rest, it seems like a whole lot of work, but it should work. For the console you may want to look into the Tuffy box for the fullsize. It is very secure. Good luck. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

3. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Sounds like an interesting idea. I worked on a project once where I needed to bond metal to wood without any visible fastners. I used a construction adhesive called "Tough as Nails", and it worked great. You can find it at most home improvement stores, such as Home Depot. If you do use fiberglass first, then do some tests with it first to make sure it also makes a lasting bond to fiberglass. Good Luck

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's

4. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I just saw another post that called the adhesive "Liquid Nails" I think that is the correct name for it.

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's