Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you believe I'm asking about a toyota

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by deadguy, Jan 28, 2006.

1. deadguy

deadguy Registered Member

Ok I have an 874runner with a fuel injected 4 cylinder 22re and a manual trans. My problem is that after the vehicle has warmed up to operating tempature I am expierencing a miss I checked the trouble codes and they indicate the igniter has missed 4 or more times. I am sure it is not the igniter as this is the third when the second one did the same thing as the first I replaced I have also replaced the distributor and it's magnetic pickup. I have changed all the plugs and plug wires as well as the cap and rotor I have check numerous grounds and pwr leads with no luck. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? Could a Temp. Sensor be lyning to the ECM and cause the igniter to not go off? could the warm engine just make a problem that is unoticable cold show up? If you help my wife will be happy as I will have regained my sanity however my shrink won't be to happy lol.

2. sikZ28

sikZ28 1/2 ton status

i dont really know much about fuel injection. i wish i could help....i guess if we posted a goofy race video we would get some sort of response to our questions.....

3. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

you should go to yoatech or wildyoats or a yota forum you might get more help. i haven't figured my 22re out yet either:bow: good luck.

4. deadguy

deadguy Registered Member

Thanks I'll try that

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

could be..

I saw one toyota with a 22RE motor skip only after reaching normal operating temparature..we couldn't figure it out,tried tuning it up,and checking compression,all seemed well?--so we sent it to another guy with more EFI and computer skills and diagnostics..he said all the sensors were working,but one cylinder was "weak" on his ocilliscope pattern...

He said the #2 cylinder wasnt firing "consistently"..meaning weaker output than the rest,due to a spark or valve problem.(yet the compression and coil output was normal!)....he suggested a timing chain,saying it can loosen up and get even more slack in it when hot,and thats about the only thing he could think of that those motors ever needed usually...the owner sprang for a new timing chain and gears,and the skip was gone after it was replaced..must have been late valve timing..:dunno: