Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you believe this guy?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

It's nice to see milspecjimmy putting his money where his mouth is and offering to pay for another bluebie's membership in the Garage Forum. Good job, brother!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[rant]But I have to ask why this 72travis dude hasn't taken the hint and fawked off. Travis- your kind is not welcome here. After the way you acted(yes, we ALL know about it) you have a lot of gall posting in milspec's thread.....[/rant]

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

But he's still got a chance right.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I agree, thats why there is a long thread on it in the Bloody Knuckle, and BTW, it was all started by sample in the first " WHY RUN 44's " thread, and 72travis just chimed in, i think they are butt buddies. Sample is a moron and has already pissed alotta folk, remember the early " wanker of the month to start off the new year post " nomination? here isd an icon just for the 2 of them [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] NONSTOP LIP SMAKKIN [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

could you include a link to the guys you are indignant about please?
    it is so hard to keep up with the list.
    maybe use your ISP webspace to keep a top 10 list or ???

5. Can Can

The only problem with that idea is that YOU would probably be on the list too, Mike!!!;) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok, here's my list. At least I have the balls to publicly announce it:

#1: Goober- His personal attack on me in December was totally uncalled for, especially since I was taking a stand for child safety. Skulznbones(or whatever) comes in a close second on the same thread.

#2: calcide- His condescending know-it-all attitude got him kicked in the ass. If I see him before I meet him in Hell it will be too soon.

#3: The latest loser(see my original post). Coming to CK5 and sharing your opinions is one thing- being a dick and intentionally being disrespectful is another.

Hmmmmmmm.......that's about it. A few of the things I read from time to time make me shake my head but unless I see it getting personal I stay out of it.

I would have to say that I get along with almost everybody here. I have a few close buddies that I confide in every so often(you should know, you're one of them) but other than that I mind my own business unless I'm forced to call BS or set someone straight. And before you say it, that's just the kind of guy I am.

I'm the guy in line at the coffee shop that tells the loser that just jumped to the front of the line to smarten up, and I'm also the guy that tells the goofy punk who just pulled into a handicapped stall to move his car before I make him capable of using said stall. And the rich fawker who feels comfortable being rude to the local grocery clerk/gas pumper/bank teller because he drives a Porsche and lives in a $1,000,000 house? Yup, I'm the one that tells him he's no better than me because if I punch him in the mouth he'll bleed just like everybody else....

There you go, Mike. Any other questions?

6. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Somebody give this man his gruntle back!

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

lol
    the edited version was better then the first try.

I should hope I was able to make that list, I think I have tried harder then most.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    #1: Goober- His personal attack on me in December was totally uncalled for, especially since I was taking a stand for child safety. Skulznbones(or whatever) comes in a close second on the same thread.

#2: calcide- His condescending know-it-all attitude got him kicked in the ass. If I see him before I meet him in Hell it will be too soon.

#3: The latest loser(see my original post). Coming to CK5 and sharing your opinions is one thing- being a dick and intentionally being disrespectful is another.

[/ QUOTE ]
    #4: CanmoreK5 I haven't thought of anything yet but just give me some time and I'll come up with something.
    /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

what are youall arguing about i cant follow

10. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

I would kind of like to know whats going on here too.

11. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

hes talking about posts from way back not too long ago. lol. made no sense but oh well. just things that paul didn't like what these people said. now mj is a person that i think has a funny sense of humor. he may be an ass /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but the man knows his $hit.

jacob

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Sweeeet, I made the list (a close 2nd) and didn't even try /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Difference of opinions make the world a much more interesting place.

John

13. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

1: Goober- His personal attack on me in December was totally uncalled for, especially since I was taking a stand for child safety.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal attack ?!??

Not in that post ... but, just to make you happy .... here ya go:

You are a big winey baby! We were talking about weather or not we needed the Government to tell us how to protect our kids not weather or not we SHOULD protect our kids.

Being from Canada, I can understand your need to have someone tell you what to do. Most of us are able to keep our kids safe without help from Big Brother.

Grow some more skin, yours is a little thin!

and,

Have a nice day!
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Can Can

We were talking about weather

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that weather ever came into it. Learn to spell, fawker.

Go ahead and try to pretend you didn't attack me- everyone knows you're full of shite. Should I go and find that post so I can prove that you insulted me time and time again? Oh wait, I can't. It's been deleted. I guess your lies are safe from scrutiny this time.

Being from Canada

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know sweet **** all about my country. Until you can support your statements about Canada with hard cold fact, shut the **** up.

Grow some more skin, yours is a little thin!

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said in our previous exchange, you don't know anything about me. Quit pretending you do.

You are a big winey baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a fat-mouthed goof. You're pretty confident sitting behind a computer screen- just like a typical loudmouth. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be so brave if you were 6 feet in front of me. C'mon up and we'll step into the ring, fawker. We'll see who's whining after a couple of rounds.....

15. Can Can

Differences in opinions make things interesting, eh? How's this for an opinion?:

Parents who don't do everything they possibly can to protect their children should be shot. If I recall correctly, you fit into that category- you outright refuse to put a bike helmet on your kids because you taught them to be responsible.

That makes sense /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif- God knows that kids always listen to their parents, think before they act, and are mature enough to anticipate the consequences of their actions. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

16. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Paul let it die... why bring something old only to rehash it and start it up again? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

17. Can Can

Because I didn't start the topic again. I only told Mike who was on my shitlist and why.

Actually, I don't mind rehashing my opinion on child safety. I truly enjoy watching other parents make utter asses of themselves by inferring I'm an idiot for supporting bike helmets for kids. If it makes one mom or dad think about the issue, then the time spent was worth it.....

Anyway, I understand where you're coming from, Steph. I truly do. But sometimes a guy has to make a stand- I feel I have a right to defend myself against loudmouthed aggressors, especially under these circumstances.....

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Dude mellow, it's startin' to get deep in here.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

19. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I truly support your views on bike helmets. I make my kids (including my 3 year old) wear them when they are riding their bikes, scooters, or their roller skates. I have a child that already has a brain injury and don't want to see him further injured or the other 2 injured because I was irresponsible. Believe me when it comes to child safetry issues, I am the wrong person to get into a debate with. Like you, I believe very strongly in things that help my child.

20. Can Can

Good for you, Donna. That's the kind of reaction I expected when I initially voiced my opinion.

In case anybody is interested, I found a link with a huge amount of info about bike helmet injury stats.Go HERE Some of the contributors are:

- The John Hopkins Injury Prevention Center
    - The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
    - The Center for Disease Control

I tried to find a good summary to back up my poistion. I believe the following(from a CDC study) pretty much sums it up. GOOBER &amp; SKULZNBONZ- YOU SHOULD READ THIS:

Preventing Bicycle-related Head Injuries

How large a problem are bicycle-related head injuries in the United States?

In 1997, 813 bicyclists were killed in crashes with motor vehicles, an increase of 7% over the previous year. Of these, 31% were riders younger than 16 years old and 97% were not wearing helmets.

In 1997, an estimated 567,000 Americans sustained a bicycle-related injury that required emergency department care. Approximately two-thirds of these cyclists were children or adolescents.

An estimated 140,000 children are treated each year in emergency departments for head injuries sustained while bicycling.

In 1991, societal costs associated with bicycle-related head injury or death were estimated to exceed $3 billion

Any questions? I sure hope not!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif