Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you believe this sh*t

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Ok... So, my wife and I finally get our sh*t together enough that we get our house on the market and even manage to get it sold... it closes in a few days... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif whats even better is we managed to find a new place in Vancouver thats about the same size, costs 30K less, sits on a big-a$$ lot (big enough for a shop) with a much lower interest rate /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif so we end up "saving" monthly by selling and buying another place. Not to mention paying off some bills with the proceeds from the sale of the beaverton place... Kick a$$ right?

WRONG

We find out today, the day of closing on the Vancouver house that the sellers partner put a lien on the property and is suing the seller for like $60K, TODAY so the bank wont sell it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

WTF! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So, since we signed all the paperwork to close and gave them the closing money we are out that money for the sort term too... which means that we cant afford to pay first & last rent on a place so we have somewhere to stay for a month while all this BS gets worked out. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

So, my wife and I will officially be homeless in less than a week. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Damnit! I am so freaking pissed! SO SO SO SO pissed... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Ok, I am done now...

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

damn dude that sucks, i hope sh!t works out for ya,

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifBummer..... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Man, that is a horror story. Can you sue the seller for not disclosing the issues? I know it won't help you get a place in the next few days, but he should have know that there were issues or that a law suit was pending. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

First, did you use a Real Estate Agent?

If you put earnest money down on a house, the money is placed in the Brokers Trust account and he is required to return the funds in a reasonable amount of time if the sale does not occur due to the seller. Same story if you are buying directly from the bank on your own.

A good attorney who specializes in Real Estate should be able to give you some good advice for a relatively small fee.

Pay him, it's worth it.

6. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

yeah, we used an agent... put down earnest money, even paid closing costs already.

They are supposed to get the final answer today... so, I may be looking for a lawyer, an apartment and a new house, all at once. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Ryan

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

yeah, we used an agent... put down earnest money, even paid closing costs already.

We are supposed to get the final answer today... so, I may be looking for a lawyer, an apartment and a new house, all at once. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Ryan

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that totally sucks i hope every thing works out the best for you soon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Can you make your house contingent on the other property? Or will the buyer not go for that?

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Where was this house at in Vancouver exactly, ,You may want to look farther out and get a piece of land with a shop already on it, like I did.... [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Also if you need a morgage broker, than I got a lady who can work you into being able to afford a hellava lot more house, she really knows her stuff.If you want her # just PM me ,she may also be able to help with your other problems.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

well, the Beaverton house is sold already, just waiting for the actual close date to arrive, which is mid-next week. So, the contingent part of the offer is already satisfied.

The deal is that the seller and his "partner" who happens to be a woman (No, I dont mean that to be a slam on women, I believe she is a woman scorn) so his life is swirling around the toilet bowl on its way down and my wife and I stepped into it.

So, just a few more hours before I find out what happens next.

-Ryan

13. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

thats sweet Fumes! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

This house is out off 164th. hwy 14 to 164 exit, then go about 8 miles north on 164th... Its not as much land as I wanted but then again, times are a little tight and we are trying to save some $$ on each monthly payment.

We do have a decent % on the loan though, about 4 pts lower than the Beaverton house... so that helps a LOT too. If this does fall through, I will be hittin ya up for the name & number of the folks you know though... thats for sure!

-Ryan

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

More drama... you all ready for the next installment of "how to be a d*ck?"

So, the seller of our place is obviously having financial issues. So, My wife and I decide to be cool about it and give him a few more days to work it out... till may 15. We send him the addendum, he denies it... he thinks he will have it resolved before then and there is no need. Cool... Uh... well... Tonight, around 7:30, he faxes our agent this new addendum that says the same thing we sent him, only with no end date... essentially leaving it open so he can f*ck off as long as he wants.

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So, I told my agent to send it back to him with the change that he has until May 30, after that he is in breech of contract and will be talking to my Lawyer... which was my second phone call, who called his agent and let him know that I had started paperwork to put a lien against the sellers private property as well as the house in question and will be sueing him for damages, emotional/stress, and lost time... to the tune of 1 mil even... and that if I win, he pays my legal expense. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

So... because he was of the mind set that he would put me off and make as much money as he possibly could in this deal, he is just about bent over a barrel... and I am still raging pissed. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

16. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Go for the throat ryan, you don't deserve this sh!t /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

PM me with the name of this dipsh!t, maybe I can check on him for you and if you need someone to serve his ass papers, pick me pick me, I just went through serving papers to the PO of my property and it aint easy so let me know if you need help... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

18. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

will do... Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

latest in the saga...

So, after the lawyers to thier dance and the clients are notified, my wife and I get a phone call... it seems that the seller has had a change of heart and has miraculously gotten the law suit dropped, the lien removed, etc... and has given the keys to my realestate agent so that when we sign papers in the next couple days, we can move in asap.

Ya know... its a sh*tty thing when you have to get to the breaking point just to get people to live up to thier word. What kind of world are we building for our kids when making $$ is more important than your word and the people depending on it. Apparently the seller figured we would cave and he would be able to get us for rent money for 60 - 90 days before having to close. Only when his bluff was called did he reconsider. After all of this, I am not sure I want the house. After watching my wife's tears of hurt and frustration I dont know that its all worth it.

Please tell me, all of you with kids, that you will teach them better... that they will learn that while $$ is important, its not as important as your word. No matter how much money you have, if your an a$$hole... your just an a$$hole with a bunch of sh*t.

Sorry... just frustrated.

-Ryan

20. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

And no one likes an a$$hole full of sh!t

Glad everything turned out okay for you Ryan!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif