Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you build the old style Doubler, but bring it into the 21st century?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Apr 9, 2003.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was hoping you could make an "old style" Doubler with some new technology. There's some guys out here that need the front driveshaft angle that the new Doubler can't provide. Any chance of this?

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

It's definitely possible, we've built one GEN2 type doubler with some extra length but it was based on the steel version which is no more. I can put it in the "some people would be interested" catagory but we don't have any immediate plans.
    For now you can look at using some of the longer tranny adapters, that would help make some length for you.

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Here is something Grant got me thinking about. Why not go to a divorced 203? Build a Gen II doubler and put it where you want behind whatever tranny you want. I'm even starting to consider that with my work in progress. Anyone want a TH350 203 (or 2) along with the matching TH350? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sounds good to me, find a ford divorced 203 and you're set. The input gear will swap into any 203 so it doesn't matter what brand of case you start with. If you use a GM 203, you can leave the adapter plate on the front of it to mount the cases and seal up the appropriate holes.