Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you explain this major headache?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Sep 26, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I mean a literal headache. One so bad that I started feeling like throwing up, then got the chills and got all tingly and dizzy, and had to throw up. I've had some bad headaches before, but this one tops them all.

Whats ironic about it is I had to leave this mud bog last night because of it... and though I was one of the few that wasn't getting drunk (I don't touch alocohol at all), I was the one that had to pull over on the way home and fall to the ground and lose what I ate earlier, and have someone else drive.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Maybe its that brain tumor?

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

If I were you I would be heading for the emergency room right now bud...

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

strange? I had the same thing happen to me the other day on the way back from rock springs /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I was all sick, went homeand slept for 3 hours then I was fine /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

maybe food posioning??????.........maybe stress

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Sounds a lot like a migraine. Go pull lampshade off a lamp and look directly into the lightbulb- if it feels like someone pushed a pin into your eyeball then it's a migraine for sure.

If exposure to bright light doesn't make your head feel worse get yourself to the ER pronto. It could be a cerebral hemmorage or something else just as fun...... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. mountainexplorer

Well, I just had to get home and get to sleep. I'm ok now. This was last night at about 11:15 am.

It was a long day spent at one mud race, where I entered two rigs, then we came back home and went to another bog, where I just watched.

I usually get a bad headache when I'm all excited and moving fast or stressed at events, but yesterday was surprisingly stress free it seemed. I didnt start getting a headache till about 6pm, then it just got worse.

I even ate food during the day (which I usually forget to do when I'm out at a race) and drank liquids. But I hadn't really gotten much sleep... in say the past two weeks.

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Can you put me in your will for a few trucks /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif...j/k, don't die man

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If I were you I would be heading for the emergency room right now bud...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...

9. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

a headache that makes you throw up can be simple or severe(blood vessel burst in brain, etc). You should go get it checked
    out even if your feeling better. May be nothing (most likely) but again nausea and headaches can be trouble.

10. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

sounds like food poisoning or carbon monoxide poisoning, where was the mud bog, down in a valley or somewhere that would hold all the exhaust fumes in??? Hope you feel better now!

11. mountainexplorer

Well, I was smelling fumes all day. My crew cab doesn't have any leaks inside, but the rear window of my Blue K5 is stuck down. I had a friend drive it home, but then I drove it to the second bog (after my headache was already there). When I realized I was feeling really bad and went driving home, the exhaust smell I think sent me over the edge, and thats when I had to pull over, throw up and let a friend drive the rest of the way.

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I get those kind of headaches about twice a year, still not sure what exactly triggers them. Sleep is usually the only thing that will help...and about half the time I throw up from them.

I keep ibuprofen with me and take a couple at the first hint of a headache now. If I do that it seems to head it off before it gets a chance to settle in and get much worse. If I wait it will just keep getting worse and at that point nothing I take will get rid of it.

I'd guess the exhaust fumes triggered yours...

Rene

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Maybe it's all the stress

14. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a migraine for sure. I have heard of people throwing up from the pain from migraines. I have had a few of them myself, never to the point of throwing up, but to the point of nausea and sleep was the only thing that helped. I really wouldn't worry about it unless there are other symptoms going on too.

15. mountainexplorer

It also probably didn't help that I scarfed down a frosted doughnut just before I left the house to the 2nd mud bog. All I could think about as I was wanting to throw up was that frosted doughnut. It didn't go over too well.