Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can you flat tow with hydro boost and a motor off?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Dec 30, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Just looking at my options?

motor is out but pump and all crap is still hooked up, so is there still preshur? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I had my buddy tow my burb wen the fan came thru te radiator. as long as all the lines are hooked up there shouldn't be a problem. my burb weghts an easy 6K and I was able to stop it and my buddies '00 silverado.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

no, just like if youwere to tow with vacume brakes, your pedal would get very stiff. with the case of not haing a motor in you cant bump it over to release the pressure.
    it will still work for flat towing with a tow bar, but if you use a chain then go a bit slower than normal and use a longer chain as well just to make sure.
    Grant

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

you will be able to, just have to turn wheel and push brakes harder just like if was vacuujm power brakes and such with engine off, for safety reasons automobiles have to have operational brake and steering in case of engine failure, that would be not good if it wasnt that way