Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can you guys check this out?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wraenking, May 2, 2003.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

http://www.buyanad.com/ViewItem.asp?ID=48889

im going to look at it tomorrow. i am bringing a mechanic so he can check it out too. just want everyones thoughts on it.

should i go for it? i am offering him 2500.

thanks

2. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

Sure, looks great, but he ain't gonna take 2500 unless someting is wrong.

andy

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You're probably just wasting your time if you only plan to offer $2,500 for that rig. Rust free trucks of that vintage are pretty tough to find in your part of the world.

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

i already told jim i could not give him more than 3000. i was thinking of offerinf 2500a nd see what happens from there. he is fine with the 3000 though

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I really find it hard to believe that it's rust free. Make sure you check under the carpets front and back. Check along the back by the tailgate. Bring a screw driver so you can take out a couple of screws from door sill trim and look under carpet. Also, crawl under and look at the bed and floor for rust. Ask where the truck is from because unless he replaced all the steel at one time, it most likely is not from NJ unless its been in a garage! Remember, the mechanical stuff is easy to fix, the rust is what causes longer term headaches. Also remember to check all around the outside of the front windshield for rust or any bubbling under the paint. If all is good, then 2500-3000 is a good deal here in NJ

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I paid 3500.00 for my 85 shortbox 4 wheel drive. Rust free. It booked for more than that so I would have to agree with everybody else. Look closely... Good luck.

7. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

well i drove an hour north to find out the guy was full of it. there was a lot of rust . the interior was disgusting, and there were hoses all over the engine not hooked up.

i was pissed.

the story does have a happy ending though. on the way home, i called about a 86 blazer that was posted in the paper today. the ad read..86 blazer silverado, 119,000 miles, senior owned. 2500.00

i checked it out, and was amazed. i was at the right place at the right time i guess. engine had a couple of small oil leaks (nothing a gasket wont fix) there was minimal rust at the tail end of the truck on the left side under the carpet. paint was in great shape, interior was amazing, so i bought it!!!!

i had my mechanic with me (i am new to this), and he gave me a big thumbs up!!

thanks for all the help guys!!

8. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

good to here it worked out! Welcome to K5 addiction.

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks about the first one but glad you found the second one and got it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif post some pics of it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif