Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can You Guys Handle An 89 Xj 5-speed?

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by fred2mihi, Mar 6, 2006.

1. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

1989 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. 6 Cylinder. 4.0 Liter. 5-speed. 4x4. 3 Inch Suspension Lift. Rancho Rs9000 Shocks. Sway Bar Disconnects. 31x10.5's Wildcountry. A/c,k&nfilter,power Windows And Locks, Cd Player, Tilt Wheel, Rear Wiper And Defrost. I Can Honestly Say This Is The Cleanest Interior Around-near New Quality. 175k Miles. The Engine Was Fully Rebuilt In 2001 With A Crower Cam, High Performance Exhaust Manifold And Has About 30k On It Now. Clutch Was Replaced With Motor Rebuild. The Exhaust Is Free Flowing With A Flow Through Muffler. There Is Also A Tow Hitch With A 6 Prong Round Connector. Within The Last 5k Miles The Jeep Has Had A New Transfer Case Vacuum Switch, New Brake Fluid, Ball Joints, Thermostat, Fuel Pressure Regulator, Fuel Filter, Plugs, Cap & Rotor. I Have Kept A Maint. Log Since I Have Owned It And It Has Been Babied And Very Well Cared For. It Does Need A Few Things-- A New Track Bar, Throttle Cable Is Stiff, And Heater Blows Luke Warm Air. The Jeep Also Has Been Lightly Rolled In 2001 On It's Top So It Has Crinkles On The Roof And Damage On One Side. This Is Cosmetic And Does Not Affect Operation Of Doors Or Anything Else. I Have Been Driving It Since. There Is No Salvage Title---it's Clean & Clear. The Paint Is Peeling On The Roof And Hood. There Are Numerous Other Scratches. This Jeep Is Very Dependable And Has Never Let Me Down. Email Me @ nmiller@acaproducts.com For Many Pictures (they Are Worth Looking At) $2000 Obo 719-395-4267 Thanks ------nick

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Handle one? Hell I drive an '88 with 226K miles on it to work everyday!! I am slowly trying to fix it up. I do plan on lifting it and putting 31's under it next year if it's still going strong. :D

Rick

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

What axles and gear ratio?

4. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dana 30 & 35 Don't Know The Ratio But They Aren't Super Low