Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you help me?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BranndonC, Mar 29, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I posted this in car audio, but no one really responded so i know many more people read this...
    I don't have my blazer yet, but it's probably going to be a 91 and i am building a custom subwoofer box for it, and can't find any good pictures of the center console area, so i wondered if anyone here would be kind enough measure the space between the seats and how long i can make the box (front to back) and how tall. Also if anyone has a digital camera and can snap a few pictures for me it would really help. My thoughts on a box are 121/2"W x 16"H x 24"L
    I have a "demo box" built but i have never actually seen the inside of a blazer and i think there is a driveshaft bump or slope or something? The measurements i need are, from the rear of the driver seat do i have 24 inches forward, from driver seat to passanger seat, and the height in the back, relative to the same height in the rear (example, 16 inches in the rear is level with 13 inches up front 24 inches away. Please Help

2. TexasK5Blazerman

TexasK5Blazerman Registered Member

Sorry, no pictures, but I can point you to a site that has the dimensions of some custom consoles, and possibly some pictures. http://www.tuffyproducts.com
    Hopefully you can use this, but personally I would suggest side mounted speakers instead. I personally don't think the acoustics will be want eminating from your "arm rest". Hope I helped a little. Good luck.

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

If you'll post your actual question/request on the subject line it will get much better responses. "Can you help me" is very vague. Most of us don't have a lot of time to spend here so we have to chose which posts to look at, if I have specific knowledge on a question I'll check it out.....if not I'll let someone else respond. Just a suggestion to make your time here more fruitful and fun!