Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you make a 4L60-E non computer controlled?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ABLAZN, Feb 23, 2007.

1. ABLAZN

ABLAZN Registered Member

I tried a search and nothing on this. I have a 4L60-E that is hooked up to a 1999 5.7 Vortec that I am putting in my 1970 K-5. I was first thinking of using the fuel injection, but for now it to much of a pain. Plus I can get it on the road sooner going with a carb. I know the chance is slim, but I was hoping there was a conversion that would allow me to use the 4L60- E without buying the expencive stand alone computer. ($1000 for the unit that I saw).

2. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Its called a 700R4........
    George

3. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

Full manual valve body should eliminate the electronics. Not sure if there is one made for the 4L60 E though.

4. darryl

darryl Registered Member

transgo makes the manual vb kit for the 4l60e

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not sure how they handle the TV cable since there is no provision on a 4L60E for one. If there is a full manual valve body, maybe they can work around it. Would seem odd with no way for a transmission to determine how firm it needs to shift.

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

the full manual valve body give full line pressure all the time, so it shift HARD every time.

i seem to recall a modulator conversion kit for the 4L60E in my catalogs. not sure how its hooked up at all or even a guesstimate on the price of it.

7. ABLAZN

ABLAZN Registered Member

I looked up the Transgo web site and found the kit. I found a place that carried it for $240 and the vaccum modulator for $92. So for less then $350 I would be in business. I did notice that it said it could be converted back to full auto, but I am not sure that applys to one that do not have all the electronics hooked up. I am not sure I want a full manual kit, but I am not in a hurry to get this going sine the Turbo 400 in it now is working. Thanks for info guys. :bow: