Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can You Name This Country?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unclematty, Sep 13, 2004.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Can You Name This Country?
    709,000 REGULAR (ACTIVE DUTY) PERSONNEL.
    293,000 RESERVE TROOPS
    EIGHT STANDING ARMY DIVISIONS.
    20 AIR FORCE AND NAVY AIR WINGS WITH 2,000 COMBAT AIRCRAFT.
    232 STRATEGIC BOMBERS.
    19 STRATEGIC BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINES WITH 3,114 NUCLEAR WARHEADS
    ON 232 MISSILES.
    500 ICBMs WITH 1,950 WARHEADS.
    FOUR AIRCRAFT CARRIERS AND 121 SURFACE COMBAT SHIPS AND SUBMARINES PLUS
    ALL THE SUPPORT BASES, SHIPYARDS, AND LOGISTICAL ASSETS NEEDED TO
    SUSTAIN SUCH A NAVAL FORCE.
    IS THIS COUNTRY:
    RUSSIA? NO
    CHINA? NO
    GREAT BRITAIN? NO
    FRANCE? WRONG AGAIN
    MUST BE USA? STILL WRONG
    GIVE UP?
    THESE ARE! THE AMERICAN MILITARY FORCES THAT WERE ELIMINATED DURING
    THE ADMINISTRATION OF BILL CLINTON AND AL GORE.
    John Kerry on Defense -- I hadn't seen this list printed before. It
    would make one heck of a mailer if it were sent to voters.
    He voted to kill the Bradley Fighting Vehicle
    He voted to kill the M-1 Abrams Tank
    He voted to kill every aircraft carrier laid down from 1988.
    He voted to kill the Aegis anti aircraft system
    He voted to Kill the F-15 Strike Eagle
    He voted to Kill the Block 60 F-16
    He voted to Kill the P-3 Orion upgrade
    He voted to Kill the B-1
    He voted to Kill the B-2
    He voted to Kill the Patriot Anti Missile System
    He voted to Kill the FA-18
    He voted to Kill the B-2
    He voted to Kill the F117
    In short, he voted to kill every military appropriation for the
    development and deployment of every weapons systems since 1988 to
    include the battle armor for our troops. With Kerry as president our
    Army will be made up of naked men running around with sticks and clubs.
    He also voted to kill all anti terrorism activities of every agency of
    the U.S. Government and to cut the funding of the FBI by 60%, to cut the
    funding for the CIA by 80%, and cut the funding for the NSA by 80%.
    But then he voted to increase OUR funding for U.N operations by 800%!!!

don't let this looser do it again! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Thanks for posting this! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I just sent this to several liberal democrat friends who need to see it! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

With Kerry as president our

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know where you come up with this B.S. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Kerry abolished the stick and club fund, and chose a more humanitarian approach....

The empty paper towel roll. Yes, it only looks like a big stick, it just doesnt work like one.

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

With Kerry as president our

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know where you come up with this B.S. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Kerry abolished the stick and club fund, and chose a more humanitarian approach....

The empty paper towel roll. Yes, it only looks like a big stick, it just doesnt work like one.

[/ QUOTE ]
    not near as deadly as sticks or clubs /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

It wont do any good to send it to a Liberal. The way they see it Clinton did the right thing /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Them commie son a b!tchs think that there should have been more cuts. That way they can spend more money on liberal based programs like welfare. They also like the ideal of turning bases into low income housing which piss's me off cause tax payers are paying for houses for people to lazy to get off of their ass and get a job. Or they can do like they did to Ft. Ord in Central CA. and turn it into a college so they could have a place to spread their liberal ways of thinking.

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    19 STRATEGIC BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINES WITH 3,114 NUCLEAR WARHEADS ON 232 MISSILES.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not overly upset that 3114 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif nuclear warheads were put out of service.....

7. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    19 STRATEGIC BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINES WITH 3,114 NUCLEAR WARHEADS ON 232 MISSILES.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not overly upset that 3114 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif nuclear warheads were put out of service.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I miss them. I want the US to remain as powerful as possible.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The actual number of warheads carried by each missile and each submarine is so highly classified there is no way that whoever typed this out knows how many warheads there are. In fact, I'd venture to say that the captain of the vessel probably doesn't even know this information as it is not important. Besides, you're Canadian, how can you potentially appreciate the power of such a destructive weapon. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

(ugly)
    I am intelligent enough to realize that number of warheads has nothing to do with the strength of our country as 2-3 warheads could destroy the entire earth anyway. I believe in strategic defense, but at some point it becomes such supreme overkill that it makes no sense.

Nukes do not increase our strength or combat power IMO because they're tactically useless.

9. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

2 or 3 warheads could NOT destroy the whole planet, dude. Second of all, if you look up a book series called "Janes", you will find that under the title regarding warships, that all of the info quoted above is available. They never really classified it, because we wanted the Russkies to know how bad it would be for them if they crossed the line.

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I assume that there are thousands of nuclear warheads left over. Surely that's enough to give you that warm, fuzzy feeling? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I really hate doing this but ... this is not an accurate asessment of Kerry's voting record on defense. Apparently he and many other congress critters voted on appropriations bills that contained some of the hardware listed above. These items were not specificly voted on by Kerry - but the appropriations bill was - hence - he voted "against" these items.

Heres what Snopes says:
    Snopes

I STILL don't trust this guy!!!! I firmly believe he is NOT trustworthy.

12. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

The Ruskies still have a sh_tload of warheads left and the US Never discloses the total amount of weapons it actually has. If it did, there would be no reason for Esponiage. God forbid the day anyone decided to light a few off. Between the two powers your talking several thousand, multi megaton warheads that would guarantee total world destruction. And its not just the "He who strikes first wins" seniero. Both sides have hundreds of non-disclosed warheads in Subs and underground sites that are programmed to continue to periodically launch missles for up to 15 years After the main strike. Kinda hard to rebuild the world with that looming over you.

Do you realize we came within a few hours of destruction during the Cuban Missle Crises. Russia gave the order to launch a Nuclear Strike against the US if the US invaded Cuba. Thank God Kennedy didnt listed to his advisors who wanted to invade and decided to block the incoming ships instead and force a political stand down instead of a military showdown. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And its not just the "He who strikes first wins" seniero. Both sides have hundreds of non-disclosed warheads in Subs and underground sites that are programmed to continue to periodically launch missles for up to 15 years After the main strike. Kinda hard to rebuild the world with that looming over you.

[/ QUOTE ]
    not to shure on that one dude, i wont say it is untrue cause i dont know for shure, im shure they are very few people who do, but my job here deals directally with nucular assurance, my jet is TACAMO Wich is take charge and move out, we talk to nuke subs and some other things too, i work on the jet but i am also qualified to stand the watch that recives all the secret messages from STRATCOM, I had to go to STRATCOM in nebraska for the school and im pretty shure that isent true, but hey i could be wrong /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Oh and STRATCOM, is the guys that are in charge of all the nukes in the country.

14. 88Silverado

Thats cool...Just info I have been able to "piece together" over my 24 years of defense contractor work with different delivery systems. However, I cant confirm that as fact, but I dont think anyone is going to expend all their weapons at one time and have nothing to use for the many years down the line. I also wouldnt think all the subs would fire at once since if they did, guess they would have no reason to stay submerged and could come up and watch the glowing sunset /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, many of the old Soviet launch and communication systems still run analog hardware systems using vacuum tubes, relays, etc. Not because they are behind the times but they realized that old technology isnt effected by EMP. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you realize we came within a few hours of destruction during the Cuban Missle Crises. Russia gave the order to launch a Nuclear Strike against the US if the US invaded Cuba. Thank God Kennedy didnt listed to his advisors who wanted to invade and decided to block the incoming ships instead and force a political stand down instead of a military showdown. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And if not for the bay of pigs, Russia would have never even tried some crap like that.

[ QUOTE ]
    I assume that there are thousands of nuclear warheads left over. Surely that's enough to give you that warm, fuzzy feeling? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Reguardless of the number, I don't anticipate a nuclear attack on the US being a problem unless a warhead got into the hands of the terrorists.

16. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I dont think it is within your knowlege or anyone elses whether or not a warhead is missing. We only know what we have been told. We can only assume something. We dont know how many are missing or even realistically how many were made in Russia. And most likely, we'll never know until one is used, caught, sold, or found, and we go "Woops, didnt know that one existed."

17. 88Silverado

Remember, when the soviet union collapsed, they pretty much walked away from their manufacturing facilities and left no one in charge to watch them. Many of these secret manufacturing bases were scattered throughout Turkmenistan, Usbekistan, Tadzikistan and Kazakhstan, easy commute (if you will) into Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran and China. They pretty much left these places in-tack with the raw materials until the US started helping them secure their weapons and materials. Many of the facilities were already "picked-through" by the time the clean-up effort started and no one is sure what happened to the materials. The Russians didnt keep good records of what they manufactured so the actual amount of warheads and pieces of them is unknown.

I believe it was in 1998 or 99 when a couple of US doctors were asked to evaluate a couple of Russian pheasents who were showing signs of extreme radiation exposure. The pheasents told them they were travelling through the remote countrysides and decided to stop for the night. They found a small metal object that was pretty warm and they used it to sleep against to fight off the nights cold. The surviving one described what the object looked like and research found the russians made thousands of these nuclear power-pack devices and placed them throughout the country to power navigation beacons because it was easier than running thousands of miles of electrical wiring and no maintenance required. The russians admitted these things were scattered all over the soviet union and had no idea exactly where they actually placed them /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

A simple dirty bomb exploded in a few areas would have a profound effect on the american people. As much as I HATE to associate anything with Hollywood movies, the sceniero of some crazy SOB terriorest trying to sneak in an actual device like in "True Lies" probably isnt too far fetched anymore. I dont think a large nuclear power will attack us (maybe Packastian and India will attack each other) but some crazy nut would love to.