Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can you post a pic of your interior for me? (manual)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Oct 27, 2002.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was wanting a pic of a K5 with the 465 in it. I've never seen one before and was wondering how close the shifter will be located to the driver's seat. Thanks.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I would if I had a digi cam.../forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rene

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I don't have a pic, but the shifter on a 465 is about 3 feet long /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and bends over to where it's very easy for the driver to reach. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

Thanks Rene. Harry, I've got the tranny already, but all I've ever seen it in is a pickup. The pickup with the 465 that I "test fitted", the seat was jammed all the way back and I felt like I was going to eat the dash. The shifter was pretty much sitting on my thigh. I didn't know if it's the same way in a K5 or not.

5. tRustyK5

It's not like that...in 2nd the shifter is about 4" up from the seat and isn't close to my leg at all. There is lots of room, even with the incredibly long throw./forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (my shifter is marked with zip codes instead of gear numbers... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Rene

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

i appreciate it. i guess i'll just find out when i put it in there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif The 465 sure can't be called a "short throw" tranny! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

If you can wait a few days, Ill be getting my pics develepoed... i just recently was fixing my floors and took a few pics, we'll prolly have carpet and seats all in today or tomorrow , Ill snag a pic, get em develepoed and scanned, etc. Unless you dont want to wait. Its up to you
    And , damn straight about having long throws...they need to make a short throw shifter for it... but its all good, it feels like Im driving a big rig or something, with the long throws, huge steering wheel, and sitting higher than everyone else /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

Yeah I'll wait around for it. I'm just curious as to what it'll look like. THE SUSPENSE IS KILLIN ME! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif The short throw shifter is a good idea. I'm gonna try and make one. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. tRustyK5

There are two ways to make the throws shorter. One would be a shorter shifter, but this wouldn't be comfortable and would increase the amount of effort to move the shifter from one gear to the next. The second way would be to make the tower/shifter holder taller...not easy I'm sure and would get you the same increased shifting effort.

It's not that bad anyways...not bad enough that I'd waste any time trying to make it better.

Rene