Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you put a dirtbike in the back of a K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by killer305, Jun 21, 2004.

1. killer305

killer305 Registered Member

I just bought a dirtbike, but i do not have enough money to buy a trailer, i was wondering if anyone put a bike in the back of their blazer.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I just bought a dirtbike, but i do not have enough money to buy a trailer, i was wondering if anyone put a bike in the back of their blazer.

[/ QUOTE ] Do you have a reciever hitch ??? I've seen carriers for dirt bikes that plug into the reciever hitchs. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. killer305

killer305 Registered Member

i bought a hitch but the rear frame has some rust on it so i have to save up money to have it welded and buy a rack for the reciver. I just wanted some way to transport the bike in the meantime

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

yes it will...juss fold up the seat. Ive had a KDX 200 and RM 125 in mine....works just fine...but i also had the top off...otherwise the bike will have to lay on its side...but it will still fit.

NITRO

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

hey man...fill out your profile and maybe someone close to you can help u weld up your hitch or whatnot.

NITRO

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Yea you can fit one in. I got my brother a YZF250 and it fits in great with the top off.

Nick

7. exrider

exrider Registered Member

I tried to put my quad in the back, it fit but no where to tie it down. So I opted for a trailer instead. I have seen before an attachment to the trailer hitch that allows one bike to carried, not sure on the cost though.

8. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yep done it many times. my truck had 3 bikes, pulling a trailer that had 3 bike and the blazer had 2 bikes in it.

top off and rear seat folded up and the rear tire sat right on the tailgate

9. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

my sons suzuki 80 quad fits perfect in there with the back seat folded.
    i do not think a motorcylce would fitin there. not really
    becouse of length, but more becouse of hieght. if you take your top off, i think you should make it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Make sure that the cables that support the tailgate when it's down are in good condition. If they break while bouncing down the road, your tailgate will get mashed up pretty good when it hits the bumper. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Since it sounds like you live in rust country, there's a good chance that the cables are corroded underneath their plastic covering. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

I take my KX250, in he back of my K5, but I take out the rear seat, and take the top off, and slide the front tire between the driver and passenger seats. Fits good.
    Eddie

12. socalblazer

socalblazer 1/2 ton status

My '73 fit my cr500 and a rm125 with the seat out, the top off, and the tailgate down. Nothing like driving out to the desert with the top off and bikes in the back. Have fun! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif