Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you say double standard?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Jul 5, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Police: White teenager charged in N.Y. hate crime beating

NEW YORK (AP) — A white teenager was charged with a hate crime Thursday for allegedly beating a black man with a baseball bat in the Howard Beach section of Queens, the site of an infamous racial confrontation two decades ago.

Police said Moore and two other black men were walking in Howard Beach early Wednesday when they were attacked by three white men. One of Moore's friends said he was intending to steal a car, but Moore was not aware of the plan, officials said.

Prosecutors said Moore's assailants hurled racial slurs and allegedly told him, "That is what you get when you try to rob white boys."

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/0701/hatecrime_ap.html

and this one:

Accused killer prone to threats

By Christine Clarridge

Seattle Times staff reporter

In the days leading up to the fatal shooting of a popular high-school tennis coach, police had numerous encounters with the 18-year-old man charged in the slaying.

One week before Samson Berhe allegedly shot 46-year-old Mike Robb, police were called to Berhe's home by his mother, who said her son had repeatedly threatened to kill himself, according to a statement released yesterday by police. Berhe's doctor, she reportedly told police, had taken him off his mental-health medication.

Berhe had spoken to several friends and neighbors in the days before Robb's death of his desire to kill a white person, according to charging papers. A friend of Berhe's told police he had said, "I got to shoot a cop or shoot a white person, you know, before I leave this world."

Berhe is black and Robb was white.

Charging papers say that when detectives attempted to interview Berhe after his arrest, he called the police "haters" and "all you [expletive] white people."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002354263_shooting01m.html

HMMM, which incident seems more racially motivated to you?

Seems like we're going backwards here folks, so much for "equality".

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

In the eyes of Liberal America and the black people, equality is defined as "more rights for those of non-caucasian decent to make up for the horrible crimes of our great great great grandfathers."

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i'm not going to say anything because i don't even think i could properly express it but that makes me angry :mad: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That's so true. Look at all the stuff for minority. If anyone tried too start a United Caucasian College Fund, or a White Entertainment Television channel, how quick would they be labled as racists and sued ??? "Have you ever watched B.E.T. ?? It's almost completely racist jokes about caucasians. I guess it's okay for them, but not us.

5. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Whats the point of charging the black kid with a race crime when he shot and KILLED someone. It will neither blemish his record more than it will be nor give him a longer sentance.

Adding a race crime on top of his aggrivated assualt with a deadly weapon makes his crime more drastic.

Now don't go off on me about being a liberal hippie douche bag, you don't know me. Its not my fault I look at things objectively and from different points of view.

6. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Not to mention the kid in the second story is just about clinically insane. I'm sure this will turn into another "boo hoo, the poor, oppressed white man" thread though. :surepal:

7. NJBLZ

NJBLZ 1/2 ton status

I had the newspaper from the first story, I wish I saved it. They showed a picture of the victim (car thief) wearing his army uniform, to show how he was an upstanding citizen. I think the paper said he was medically disqualified, and he was recieving public assistance.

now get this - His mother told reporters "the reason he was carrying a hammer, screwdriver and other tools, was because he was going to hang his air jordan sneakers on the wall in our appartment as a decoration".

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If we ignor the double standards, it'll just get worse and worse. I belive in equal rights as long as everybody is treated equal. I don't agree in giving a less qualified job to someone just because of the color of thier skin when there is a more qualified person applying for the same job. I don't belive in charging someone with a hate crime for beating down a car thief just because the car thief is black and the guy that beat him down is white. Reverse it and there is no hate crime charge in 99% of the cases. THAT'S WRONG !!!!!!!!

9. google

google 1/2 ton status

I'll be the one to say it then. The point is that over the last decades, white people have become the opressed ones in an effort to give minorities (not just black people) "EQUALITY". Some of you think it's ok, some don't, and some just don't think. But the statement made above is true. There is the united negro college fund to help the black people, but there is nothing for only white people. Why? Because that would be "racisim" If a tv station started that had comics on there talking about NI*** this and coon that and what is it with crazy black folks etc, the place would be burned to the ground and the people inside hung for all to see. But having a channel about cracker this and honkey that and crazy white folks is ok. It's even ok for me to type the white racest words and not the black. I'm not racest and I have my own set of problems to deal with. I just chose not to spend my free time complaining about this stuff.... usually....

EDIT (nobody else said it when I started this anyway.... but i'm at work... took a while to send it :D )

10. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

What's the point of even having race crime statutes? The crime is the same no matter who the victim is, assault is assault and murder is murder. And as far as your statement about the sentence enhancement you are wrong, it can enhance his sentence, but he will undoubtedly try the insanity defense anyway.

11. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

OK, A: I'm thrilled that you finished your studies and have earned your degree in psychiatry, and I'm sure the defense will be contacting you post-haste so they can use your inestimable opinion in their case. :rolleyes:

B: My point was that no mention was made of this being a hate crime, had the victim been black, the perp's sanity would have never been called into question, racism is not a mental disease, if it was don't you think some sorry ass white guy would have tried to use that defense?

C: I said nothing about the poor oppressed white man. See; I'm not the type to sit here and cry about my plight at the whims of the society, I was just pointing out a disparity in justice to a community of people I consider friends. I'll leave the wailing of injustice, picketing, and protesting to you liberals.

Besides, you guys have used up all of the available "boo-hoo's".

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[​IMG]

13. google

google 1/2 ton status

You're my hero bubba ray