Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you stay warm with a soft top in the winter?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigk, Dec 30, 2001.

1. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

I was thinking of going to a soft top and putting a pickup tailgate on my 87 and just forgetting about the hard top even in the winter. I know alot of Jeeps run soft tops year round, so it must not be too bad if the heater's working good. Any experience to share?

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

2. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i think steve fox runs his all winter, and he lives in colorado

hola

3. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

With the steel 1/2 cab, the front stays warm but the back seat gets pretty cold, the people in the front wear t-shirts and the people in the back wear coats. I generally carry a heavy blanket in the winter anyways, just in case. Came in handy one time when the heater core blew out on a snow run, had the hardtop on but my buddies girl friend was freezing.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

4. FWP

FWP CRS

I have no problems. 20 degrees outside, and after the truck warms up, I have to turn the heater down, gets too hot inside.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5</a>

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

No problems at all, like others said it is cold in the back but it is that way with the hard top on, and besides as the driver you don't sit in the back anyway. [​IMG]

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

6. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

With the Sklyer sport top I had on the Knight, it was actually warmer in the trux, less area to warm I suppose.
    LTR
    White Knight