Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can you tell if this is a 14bolt full floater from this angle??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, May 23, 2003.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Would all 1979 3/4 ton trucks (c20) have 14 bolt full floaters?
    [​IMG]

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I believe that is a 14bff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yes it is! You can clearly see the "bolt in" pinion support. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

And.....fronm the shock mounts I can also tell you that it is out from under a 3/4 ton. It will bolt up under a K5 with no problems!

Mike

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

almost positive its a 14Bolt FF too

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

ok, i bought it right now on ebay for $100 bucks. Now I have two of these 3/4 tons.
    This guy doesn't know anything about it, but I figure at this price, its worth the gamble. My other one is being shipped to me next week. These things are just not available here in NJ! Guess alot of them have been recycled at this point. I will sell the lesser of the two /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif oh yeah and sshhhhhhhhhhh, dont tell my girlfriend!

6. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The only problem you might have is the gear ratio, all of the two wheel frive 14 bolts i found (before the one I have now) only had 3.73:1 or something like that, so you might have to regear but then you'd be set /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

looks like one to me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, that it is. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Its good to see a post from this side of the universe...especially one w/ a 14bFF for sale. Have the same problem up here w/ certain parts. PM me w/ the lesser spec's and what you want for it, I can drive down and get it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Well, I will be selling the one I don't use so I will let you know when I'm ready. Should be within the next two weeks unless this stupid rain never stops. @#$%^& northeast weather.

11. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wow, three people from the east coast??!?! Don't know where you guys are, but those axles are all over the place here. I got one from a friend who owns a junk yard for 75 bucks. ANother yard has them less than that, just you have to pull them. Guess I should start to advertise these. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

key words.....friend..owns junkyard. I bought my D60 near syracuse for $800. Here in Northern NJ though, the way of living is new suvs. The market for these axles does not exist so I am sure they they are not saved in yards just due to the lack of demand. It seems that in a rural setting, they tend to be more easily obtained due to an increased truck population. By the way, the axle i just bought is located in Southern NJ.