Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you tell whats different?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zcarczar, Dec 23, 2003.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Hehehe, Just finished swapping some stuff onto my truck. Can anyone tell what it is? Those of you that may know dont spoil it for the people that dont. O yeah I know there isnt a tierod, and the driveshaft is hanging cause it doesnt fit. Anyways heres the picture, ill post up in a couple hours with the answer.

[​IMG]

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

bumper looks new, front axle looks like it was just installed, New spring plates..........

3. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

is it a new rear bumper? mabey a new front grill? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I thought it was the purdy yellow spring plates /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I see new balljoints

EDIT:

Is that an arb air line or just the vent?

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm, the front bumper is new, The knuckles, draglink and ball joints are too. Ive had the ARB line for awhile but the ARB actually works now.

But no one has gotten it yet. Anybody notice any green paint on there that looks like something the factory would do?

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

New front springs? The bushings look new anyways...and they look white which is kinda odd. Delrin?

Rene

8. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

cross over steering ! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hmmmm, the front bumper is new, The knuckles, draglink and ball joints are too. Ive had the ARB line for awhile but the ARB actually works now.

But no one has gotten it yet. Anybody notice any green paint on there that looks like something the factory would do?

[/ QUOTE ] 52" front springs? Moved the spring mounts forward to fit them.

10. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    52" front springs

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, thats it. Finally got them in last night, now hopefully my steering stuff will get here today so I can actually go see how the new front springs work. I cant believe how soft they are, I bet its going to be a whole new truck with the crossover, arb and 52" front springs.

Rene, the bushings are UHMW Polythylene I think, Az-Kickin did an absolutely awesome job on them for me. They fit perfect.

11. tRustyK5

They look like my anti wrap bushings...which was why they caught my eye. Most other bushings you see are black, blue or red...

So, inquiring minds want to know, are stock 52" rears pretty close to 4" of lift up front? More? less? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Rene

12. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

They sit at exactly the same hieght as my old 4" Dick Cepek springs. I gained some lift by the 2" longer shackles that are needed to make full use of the springs. I cant wait to try it out on the trail.

13. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Lookin good Jason! So did you end up swapping body mounts/spring hangers side to side or did you just move the hanger portion forward to the next set of holes? Also, looks like you boxed the frame in that section and added a crashbar, smart thinking! Did you end up moving the axle forward and how much? What kind of angle does the shackle rest at? Did you have to replace the bushings at both ends of the springs? how much were those bad boys?

DETAILS!!! DETAILS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

14. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

All I did was move the spring hanger from behind the body mount to infront of it. It moved the front axle forward some where around 2" or so. The front hanger was moved forward 4". I wish the shackle angle was a little better but it sits with it kicked back about 3* past completely vertical. I'll have a write up coming soon.

15. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll have a write up coming soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me. That's on my list of mod's for the spring /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hey thats a better angle than mine. With the ORD shackles and 4" BDS springs I have a horrible angle. I'm quite upset with it. I plan to go coil over 3 link front in a year or so so I'm not exceptionally worried about it.

17. tRustyK5

Cool, looking into it a while back and the 52's looked like they'd have the same loaded arch as 4" fronts.../forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Even a slight rearward shackle angle should make a huge difference and allow the shackle to move the way it should under compression.

Keep us posted on how it rides and flex's.

Rene

18. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Jason, Thats a "AZ-Kickin" good job. Don't take to long with that write up with all of the measurements. By the way, I vaguely remember telling you I would send some decals and then forgot. Do you still want them?