Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can you use Revolver Shackels with an Echobit flip?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PetaKane, Jun 15, 2003.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Good idea or bad?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i dont think you can... but I dunno. I have revolvers and a ORD flip. Works fine for me. IMO, if u run revolvers and you wheel hard you should do 2 things. 1) rig up some kind of system that lets you lock the revs in the closed position during on-road driving or maybe mud boggin or other types of you-dont-want-lots-of-flex wheelin and 2) have limiting straps or good bump stops. Supposedly revs can lock in the open position if they get over extended. Its no biggie, use a rti ramp to figure out what about 90% of a revolvers travel is, and use appropriately sized lim straps.

overall i like my revs. Along with a shackle flip and nice soft factory springs i have all the flex in the rear end of my rig that I will ever need.

j

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Yes you can!

4. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Big thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif to the both of you's.

5. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

looks pretty similar to revs to me. <shrugs> Lil welding and some prefabbed gussets are all you'd need to make regular revs locking.. but it is cool that the EB ones come that way "from the factory". They are more expensive than revolvers, but hey, its only $! I dunno, I got my revs for a good deal (discount over at toybox b4 they went away), maybe regular MSRP on them is more than the $172 that the EB ones r...

j