Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Canada Question for Canmore

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Mar 12, 2005.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

What the f**k is going on up there?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150076,00.html

Bunch of Frenchy libs hate the US for going to war, but think giving away free heroin is a good thing? I just don't get you Canucks! You gotta get outta there brother!

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

holy crap. Never heard of that.
    Rene is in trouble!

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.:screwy: But I still love Canada.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

looks like a good plan. Wait, they did remember to add the slow-acting poison to that stuff right? if so, in 3 weeks Canada won't have a drug problem anymore.

j

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Okay, here's a little background, brother.

Vancouver has the best climate in all of Canada. As a result, all of Canada's dopers head there because they can live outdoors year round without the risk of dying of exposure to cold temps.

Dopers have little or no brains left. This leads to the sharing of needles and the spread of AIDS and Hepatitis. Unfortunately, we are a caring nation that leaves no one behind, so as the dopers develop AIDS and Hep, they are taken care of by our health care system, regardless of whether they brought it on themselves. Of course, most of these street kids die before EMS gets a chance to save them, anyways. So basically, the gov't has decided that it's cheaper to provide the druggies with safe dope than to pay for their treatments when they contract deadly diseases.

It's sad to think that at one time all of these dopers were just like my Katrina- young, energetic and full of spirit. I pray to God I'm a good enough father that my daughter doesn't feel the need to take off to the streets.

FWIW, these problems aren't rampant throughout Canada. I'd be willing to bet that most of your big cities have more drug issues than the average Canadian city.

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I don't know. As somebody who has a heroin addict for a brother, I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of government sponsored junkies. I'd bet you're right on drug issues here. EVERY city, big or small, has dopers. Methamphetamines are rampant everywhere. I personally am promoting the following program:

First arrest: 90 days inpatient addiction treatment, 1 year intense supervision probation and continued counseling

Second arrest: Two years prison, with treatment and 1 year supervision like above

Third arrest: Deport to Vancouver:D

Fourth arrest: Oh yeah, no need for that.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It is a trial project, and pretty new. Vancouver is not far from me at all...just far enough though. :)

Part of the problem is that most of the users downtown don't exactly have executive level salaries to help pay for their habit. There were studies showing 75% or more of the crime downtown was done by junkies...so they could have enough money for their next fix. The 'free' heroin program could do a lot to curb that sort of crime, as well as help with the health issues.

Paul nailed the climate part of the equation. You might get a little wet, but for the most part living outside year round here is pretty doable, and that does tend to attract a certain element.

I think Crystal Meth is a much bigger problem here...but doesn't grab the headlines quite a nicely as "Free Heroin".

They have had a similar program in Holland for many years, and from all i've read it's been quite sucessful.

Rene

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I think a better plan would be to put a bullet between the eye's of all the junkies. They are nothing more than a hindrance to society, no matter what country their from!!!!!

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I kind of agree with you Corey, and then I watched an add for this new "reality" show called "Intervention" where parents basically kid nap thier drug addicted kid off the strett and puit them in rehab.

What if Chloe took a worng turn in life? Should we pop her in the melon or give her a 2nd chance? As a dad, I know what my answer is......

10. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

How on earth do you get along with people that live near you??? Or are you south of the marijuana belt???

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

If She was to ever take "a wrong turn in life" then that ment that I failed and I should get poped in the melon first:deal: For most of them deadly force would not really be needed. Maybe rubber bullets would get the job done, and they could be reused. Don't worry though She ain't gonna take no wrong turns:deal:

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I am smack dab in the middle of the "marijuana belt" or "emerald triangle" as We call it. It's real simple. I don't get along with them. I hate those POS cause I work My butt off to get what I have and they do nothing but sell dope and live like kings. I have zero respect for any of them. I know people the same age as Me who have huge house's, fancy cars and trucks yet they have never had a single job in their lives:angry1: Oh well it's just a way of life around here. I can't even tell You the number of people I know who do it cause I can't remember all of them ( it's in the hundreds).

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The real evil is the supply side of the equation in my opinion. Pure profit from dealing misery...that deserves a bullet much more than the end user.

Rene

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

True!

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Master, Master.........

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

We have it also....................... :(