Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Canadian and US Blazers??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevy4x4, Feb 11, 2001.

1. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Is there a differance between the grilles of canadain and us blazers? All late 80's and early 90's canadain blazers that I have seen look like this.
    [​IMG]

All late 80's and early 90's US blazers that I have seen look like this.
    [​IMG]

So is there a differance?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

This grill came out in '91

[​IMG]

And these grills came on 88-90 K5's

[​IMG]

I dont know it that helped any.....

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "Never step in anything soft."

3. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Are you sure cause the top K5's add said its a 90 and ddin't say anything about a grille swap. I am sure that i have seen late 80's blazers with the same grill. I am also sure that i have seen 91K5s with the same grille as Steve's. I also have only seen one or two K5s in canada with the same grille as Steve. Never seen a US blazer with the grille from the top K5.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

4. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I dont thank I have ever seen one with that grill the three bars on that grill look wired but cool

[​IMG]Hail To The King

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com>http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com</A>

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I may be mistaken but all the 91's I've seen have this style grill.....

[​IMG]

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "Never step in anything soft."

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The upper picture is a base model grill. The reason you see so many up here is that there were so many forestry, and Hydro fleets of these, as well as conservation, RCMP etc. Almost every K5 in the late 80's early 90's sold to the public was decked out with all the bells and whistles including the nicer grill. In 88 when they went to the new body style for the pick-ups both grills were also offered for the new pick-up. Almost all the work trucks ended up with the plain grill and the more expensive models got the 4 light grill.
    Personally I have seen many like Steve's up here. In Fact there is a Black 91 with the same grill as Steve's at the car lot on Kingsway and Salisbury right now.

Rene

[​IMG]

7. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Thanks tRusty. I sorta (but not really)thaught that what you said. I have only seen about 2 blazers with the "fancy" grille and as I said before almost all blazers that I see have the plain grille. I have never seen a pic of blazer from the US with the plain grille. I personally like the plain ones better. Anyway...thanks agan Rene for the answer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

8. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

All the old State Transportation Blazers and Burbs have the grille like the top one. I think it is the Cheyenne package on the Blazers(correct me if I'm wrong!!!)

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</A>

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey Chevy, have you gone up and looked at the Blazers on that lot? I think they have 3 or 4. The black one I mentioned they're selling for $15,000!! [​IMG] I know that CDN $ but still thats huge money for a Blazer. There's aslo a couple of Blazers at "Brothers used auto" on Edmonds and Canada way. Apparently they have an 87 for $2700, I haven't stopped to look yet. That lot has at least 3 Blazers too.

Rene

[​IMG]