Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Canadian Border / DUI issues?? !!HOT!!

Discussion in 'North Region' started by AkMudr, Mar 1, 2005.

1. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

delete

delete

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

uh i dont know if you still need info or not.
    but as far as i know you can not cross with a crimanal record and dui counts as that.

they almost never ask if you have a record ( i never have been and i crossed alot)

but there is a form you can get and pay like 200 bucks to make it all good, it you want

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I'm more than happy to pay the $150USD to cross, **** yeah. Problem is I'm finding alot of misleading information. Theres no statute that says "You WILL have the opportunity to pay $150USD, fill out a form and cross into Canada" Almost seems like it depends on what kind of mood the gorder agents are in at the time.

I hear they dont always ask, but I also hear they run yer info to see what coems back, and a DUI will show up most likely.

I dont wanna show up to the border and get turned around. I have a lot of buddie sin Alaska who are military. Some with DUI's had no problem, some got screwed and had to turn around. I'm kinda in a bind not knowing becuase I leave 15 apr and 6 weeks goes by real quick!

Man, and I thought I learned my lesson 2 years ago, geez, what a crappy deal on my part!

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

only time i have ever hurd of it was my old boss going to a car show in the us and the guy asked the driver if he had a record, and he had a dui. so they got turned back.

my wife is from the us and i would cross every weekend or she would and we have NEVER been asked.

hell half the time they just let me go through after asking where i am going!!!!!!

like two seconds and i am through!!! (i know the good ones to cross at!)

find the # to canada cutoms (www.canada411.ca could work)

and ask them there requierments and what you might have to do.

canada customs is all you need to care about as they stop you comeing in the us standereds dont apply

EDIT: i dont know how much info they can check out.

i have taken like 4 different peoples cars across the border, some family some not, one not insured at the time woops!!!

and have brought too much booze across a few times and it was never recorded, or never checked.

if you have all your papers ready and are not vauge you be fine.

my tip when crossing. tell them exactly what they asked ONLY!!!!!!!!!!

ask where you going, say the town, nothing elce nothing just look at the him/her eye contact, say nothing untill he asks something elce.

nervise people blabber on , dont.

my buddys going to gun shows back in the day would hane suits up in the car and say there going for a wedding, worked every time lol:D

5. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

See Ive got 1 of 2 ways about this. I could show up to the border and hope I get thru and if they dont ask about my record, cool. I'd be all for this but I cant risk a 3000mile drive to get turned around, no way!

Or do the paperwork,pay the fee and have it get denied cuz thats what its lookin like theyre gonna do anyways.

I might just ship my truck and pay the extra $$ becuas eits oversized.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

OK, did some digging.

Found this on the Canadian Immigration website, they also have admissibilty guidelines for visitors crossing into Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/irpa/fs%2Dcriminal.html

I would strongly suggest you contact an actual live person at Immigration Canada and politely explain your curcumstance, then see where it goes. It does appear that 5 years pass before you can get 'exempted'...but I do know that these things are not written in stone.

Rene

7. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Yeh I contacted them todaya nd they sent me a packet but its been really hard to get in contact with them. I migth end up shipping my truckand payinthe extra $$ for it.