Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Canadian headlights on!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eagle mark, May 4, 2007.

1. eagle mark

eagle mark 1/2 ton status

I've got a 90 Suburban from canada ay! It has the high beams on all day, I found one wire to turn then off but the high beam won't work at night. So before I try to figure out the wiring I'd ask if there i an easy way out of the daytime running lights?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If ist anything like the 99 Sub I got ( maybe since its earlier ) turn the parking brake on just enough to click the switch but not work the brakes . DRL go off :thumb:

3. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

yep works on our 2001 work truck too. what's wrong with the daytime running lights? i as thinkin of converting my blazer over to em. guess it would put a workout on the headlights though

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

if its switched by the parking brake as stated earlier then take that switch off and install a toggle switch in your dash so you can control them on or off. As dor DRL on my DD tow rig I put a set of fog lights in the bumper and put them on a 3 way switch. Switch up makes them on no matter what (battery), center is off, and down is keyed on acc power so I can just leave the switch down and have DRLs and not worry about it or I can manually turn them off or make them on if key isn't on if need more light to work or something.

5. warrior454

warrior454 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i just pull the fuse on any vehicle i own that has daytime running lights

6. 4WheelCowboy

4WheelCowboy Registered Member

OK I am a new guy to posting but why do so many people not use the spell check? We are not text messaging here. m b f f :) = my best friend forever

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

We really dont need spelling nazis to remind us we cant speel or type.
    People around here are trying to help people out with problems. Some post a lot and dont want to take the time to use SC. If you can make the point with a few mis-spelled words or typos.... So what!
    This site is about having fun and helping each other.

8. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Sometimes a little finger dyslexia strikes :D
    George

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I am a man , I am typing with ONE finger on each hand , **** happens :rolleyes: :wink1: :laugh:

10. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

i got the perfect example of typin incorrectly doesn't really matter. read this and you'll know that spellin doesn't matter

"cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
    The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs rpsoet it."

end of story

11. dick_landy

dick_landy Registered Member

whats wrong with daytime running lights eh? at least when im passing someone on the highway, you will notice me a little sooner because i will have a hard time noticing you! if they are bothersome when your johning around for a prostitute, do what pauly383 says and click the parking brake in:pimp:

12. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

You didnt use 2 spaces at the beginning of every sentence.:wink1:

As long as you use sentences and paragraphs and we can understand what you are trying to say, it's good.

13. 4WheelCowboy

4WheelCowboy Registered Member

No I wasn't being a smart ass! I just wondered if it didn't work for some. Also the two space rule is no longer applied according to MS Office 2003 because it corrects me for it all the time.

Don't get vand in your sigina! I just wondered.

14. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

thats wild. takes a second longer to read but still got it.

And daytime running lights are for safety. you are inside the truck and can't see them anyways so don't mess with it. they may save your life someday and you will probably never know it. Your not Batman, leave the lights alone.