Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cancer Surgery

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jcg, May 6, 2000.

1. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'm getting ready to replace the floor/tailgate support on my truck and I was wondering if anyone has any advice before I start cutting things apart? My tailgate is in pretty bad shape so that's getting replaced along with the entire floor. The rear posts are beginning to get bad so they're gone too. Has anyone done this much reconstruction before? I'm trying to find a book that shows how everything assembles back there... it's kind of hard to tell on mine because everything is completely rotten. The rest of the truck is in great shape and the drivetrain is very strong so I figure it's worth the work. If anyone has any sources for body parts besides LMC and Year One, that would help too. This is the first major body restoration I've ever done so I'm open to any advice. Thanks.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    Proud owner of an 88 Jimmy

2. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

I too Suffer from Cancer of the ass...
    Jc Whit Cat page 44
    has the tail pan along with
    floor pieces... good luck
    i just dont have the $$$$$ to do the
    job @ this time...

3. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

Hey Joe,
    Gold Rush posted a message a while back with the name of a supplier for those parts. The name was Auto Body Specialties in Connecticut. I called them and they have the tailgate hinge mount brace for $110 or you can get the whole rear floor with hinge brace included for $479 I believe. I am sending for the catalog this week. It is $5 to get one.Their address is PO Box 455, Middlefield CT. 06455 and their number is 1-888-277-1960. I need the same thing done to my blazer. Let me know if you need any other help.
    ps Thanks Gold Rush
    <font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]