Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cannablism?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bobalob, Dec 12, 2005.

1. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

Kind of morbid but when I was growing up Eithiopians were always brought up when I didn't care for the meal that my mom made, and was informed that they would gladly eat dirt if it had any nutritional value. So if they were always dying from starvation, and their buddies were really hungry, did they engage in cannibalism:confused: . Do societal taboos break down in these situations? Is it even a big deal to eat your already deceased neighbor in this environment. If it did occur was it not reported on because it was so icky, because the skinny malnourished diseased children I see on TV are pretty icky but the guy telling me how horrible their life is never mentions that the rest of the family was eaten and he is a pretty blunt dude. So if they don't eat there dead on occasion, why not?
    Sorry for the topic but was thinking about solving world hunger while at work today:o . Pretty sure it will not be solved until corrupt, evil, dictator types who thrive in the Third World arena are eradicated.

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i think its taboo in most countries.i don't know if i could do it, BUT i do tell the dog that if things get bad he could be enough vittles for a spell.:D he just wags his tail.:laugh:

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I had dog meat when I lived in the R.O.C. The literal translation for dog meat was "fragrant meat". We had some friends that owned a large dog. They couldn't let it out of the apt. One day it got out and they never saw it again of course....

4. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

better than eating fish

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Was it called Soylent Green??

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

This has always racked my brain as well. You're all ****ing starving, pick up that rock and whack some goddamn dinner!

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

If stranded in the Chilean mountains hope and pray your not the guy with the big ass cheeks.

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Ethiopians , there funny . Why not move to where the food is ( Sam Kinnison ) .

And why doesn't the camera crew give them a damn sandwhich or something ????

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Here you go - STOP BREEDING IF YOU'RE ALREADY STARVING

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

unfortunately the only thing that is ANY fun in Africa is ****ing... and since birth control doesn't really exists in most places, they are going to keep multiplying like rabbits. Until AIDS runs its course.... of course.

j

11. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ever seen alive? ya gotta do what ya gotta do....

if it came down to me being dead or eating a person who was already dead... "eat up boys and girls..."

some cultures do it as spiritual reasons, others do it out of need. most dont do it because of cultural belifes.
    Grant

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

that could kill a person from dehydration. dehydration due to diarhea
    grant

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

And ??

It would thin the herd !!

14. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

cannibalism, oh yea its cool, i do it all the time. japanese taste kinda fishy, i dont like the way people from india taste too spicy, mexicans are good though, not too spicy, just right. never ate a black before. whites just taste like chicken. samoans are too tough and fatty and those damn super models dont have any meat on there bones. JUST A JOKE! :haha: :haha: :haha: :D :p:

15. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The only cases of cannabilism in the US that i'm aware of was the Anasazi indians of northern New Mexico. I lived in Santa Fe for a while and read about this gruop somewhere. I recall that they were able to prove that they were cannabils by etches on human bones that indicated that they were cooked and eaten. I wonder what circumstances (besides starvation) would lead to a human eating another human. It happened on such a regular basis that scientists deducted that they ate each other not out of need but out of desire....

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Interesting subject... I'm in the middle of a book right now that had a little study of cannibalism.

Cannibalism wasn't a social taboo thing for many primitive civilizations. It was almost a common belief that if you ate the flesh of someone, you would absorb their qualities, thus warring tribes would often eat their enemies.

Cannibalism was still pretty prevalent until at least the mid-late 1800's in eastern and southern parts of the world.

Maybe these starving people are cannibalizing and it's not making headlines. Would it really help the cause if you were trying to get money and food for poor impoverished people and you said "Look at these people, they're eating each other"? I doubt people would be in much of a hurry to donate to the freaky cannibals... :haha:

Not only that, but if everyone's starving, who has any meat on their bones to eat?

17. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I read a book last year, about Pacific Theater of war in WW II. Seems that some of the "bypassed" Japanese troops, were constantly low on supplies and at times got into fire fights with allied troops just for the "meat"! If they could kill one of us, that was alot of fresh meat for the stew. Oh, the commanding officer always got the liver! This was documented by escaped POWs, which were few indeed.

18. gauder

gauder Banned

Look up "Laughing Death". Cannibalism basically causes a Mad Cow type brain illness in humans.

19. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Wiki says:

Kuru (disease)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit

Jump to: navigation, search
    KuruICD-10 code:A81.8ICD-9 code:046.0?
    Kuru prionScientific classification(unranked)Prion(unranked)Mammalian prion(unranked)Kuru prionKuru (also known as laughing sickness due to the outbursts of laughter that mark its second phase) was first noted in New Guinea in the early 1900s. By the 1950s, anthropologists and Australian government officials reported that kuru ("trembling" in the language of the Fore) was rampant among the South Fore, a single census division of approximately 8,000 individuals within the Okapa subdistrict. This particular group partook in ritual acts of mortuary cannibalism, which behaviour was later determined to be responsible for the epidemictransmission of the disease.

Kuru is now known to be a prion disease, one of several known transmissible spongiform encephalopathies. Understanding the structure and replication of the prion is crucial to interpreting the dynamics of kuru and the several other prion diseases which exist today.
    Knowledge of the dynamics of the disease has continued to grow, even though the disease all but disappeared with the termination of cannibalism in New Guinea. The onset of kuru led to a five-decade study of an unfamiliar disease. This particular disease serves as an example of the procedures scientists undergo in order to understand and appreciate all of the aspects of a disease and how potential therapies and solutions can be found.