Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Canoe the New!!! Photos...........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, May 30, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Left the house about 5:00 AM this morning. Had to stop in Taterhill at the Wal-mart to get Steve a license. We arrived at the New River just after dawn. Unloaded our pile of gear and launched at the Hwy 88/16 bridge while a couple waited to see how we did in the shallow water. Not having rained any sustainable amount in May, the river was quite low. Nothing really eventful, except the fish.............Steve caught several nice sized Small mouth. I caught one and a huge sunfish, and a couple of small ones. As I was the host, I did my best to keep him in the prime positions and locations. We had a great day on the water..................took several photos early on, after a while; I forgot I had the camera with me..............:D

Sorry about the quality of the photos, I took my Wife's Sony pocket camera. I have a Pelican, Mil. Spec. waterproof case for the Nikon, but it can be a job when you're trying to get good photos, canoe and fish..........enjoy!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  2. nova

nova 1/2 ton status

cool pics. looks like you had a good time. That's something I miss doing sence I moved to the desert.

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

dude i love canoes... gotta be careful not to flip em, but i do love them.

4. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is that a new canoe there Donald? If so, what kind is it? Nice pics by the way.

5. nova

nova 1/2 ton status

where exactly were you located? on what river?

6. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

COOL BEANS :D
    Wish I was there :haha:

7. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Nice!
    I've run the Gauley 3 or 4 times, not on a Canoe though! One time we did a little 6 man boat...that was interesting.

8. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've had it 5 years. It's a Dagger (out of Eastern Tennessee) I had made, it's a 17 ft Venture. Had to wait 90 days for it, and it was one if not the last of that style made. Good all around canoe, good for touring, fishing, camping and Class Three rated.
    I have a Coleman that's quite old, and I recently gave a fiberglass one away I bought in 1984.

The South Fork of the New River, Northwestern N.C.

Nice understatement!!! :eek1: :bow: :bow: :bow:
    I've wanted to do that for years...................sounds like a good reason to have a "Great 'n Eat" and then a whitewater rafting trip!!! :wink1: