Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cant figure out how to take the front door windows out?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Capnscoop, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Capnscoop

Capnscoop Registered Member

i just have the door windows left....i cant figure out how 2 pull them....Help me please im clueless.....

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

On what?

3. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Do you have the vent window out? Take the bolts out of the rear track. wind the window all the way up. take the 4 bolts out that hold the regulator on. wind the window down (holding on to it). in the middle of the (bottom of the window) track there is a spot for the wheel to pop out. Or get the wheel out of the track that is on the door. Then you just get all the wheels out of the tracks, and pull the window out. I have done it with the vent in and out.

4. Capnscoop

its on a 86 k5.....i want to pull the vent also and all of the trim/seals....i see what yo are saying...my motor is bad also so i guess i have to pull it and slide the window up and down manualy??? thanks

5. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

If you want to take the vent out also, then do it first. That way you can move the window front to back to get the wheel out of the track. I had to do this with a truck that had P.W. and no Battery.

6. Capnscoop

so i can pull the windows without removing the widow motor and regulator??? how do i pull the vent window?

7. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

I never pulled a window without taking the 4 bolts out and having it laying on the bottom of the door. But thats just me. The vent window has 3 screws along the top of the door, two that are on the inside of the door, (infront of the regulator bolts, and one that is right under the vent latch. you need your window down to remove it.