Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can't find misc. parts... any help appricated

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CaptCrunch, Apr 9, 2001.

1. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Can\'t find misc. parts... any help appricated

I saw a post a while ago about diff vent tubes and finding them... anyone find a place that sells vent tubes? I also need the steering arm studs that hold on the arm and go in the knuckle. I can't find them... called almost all the parts stores... I thought for sure napa would have them, but the kid was retarded... he came saying so you need the ball jt...NO... oh the tierod ends...NO!! WTF? Where is a good parts guy when you need them? [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: Can\'t find misc. parts... any help appricated

Somebody on here said that ORD sells the studs and cone washers for the steering arm. You might want to check with Stephen.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.northernautoparts.com>http://www.northernautoparts.com</A>
    I live right next to the place. I've gone down there and they always know there stuff and always come back with the right part. Ahh, ain't nothing like having a national parts distributor right in your back yard. You'll probably have to call to get a miscellanious part like that.

[​IMG]

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

As far as your vent tubes you can run down to any parts store or hardware store and pick up a hose at any length and diameter. I think the dia is 3/8 somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. FWP

FWP CRS

The vent tube is pressed in, you may not be able to get it in there without leakage if you do find one ( I couldn't find one). I took a 2$ brass fitting, and threaded it in the hole (1/8 pipe thread to barb). As far as the steering arm studs, I never tried to find them, but the dealer isn't too bad for price on special hardware... HTH

[​IMG]

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Oops I thought he needed the tubes.[​IMG] Hey thats a good idea FWP.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Well I'm going there as a last resort... even getting 20% off there is paying too much.... but what else can you do. I suppose could go to a slavage yard for a vent tubr fitting and call arp for the studs and see if they can make up a couple. Also gonna try a place that does lots of rearends and a 4x4/offroad shop and see if they have any ideas.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI