Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can't find out what engine

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fourwheelinj1, Sep 21, 2002.

1. fourwheelinj1

fourwheelinj1 Registered Member

Can\'t find out what engine

I am looking to buy a 82 blazer 4x4 that is for sale at a used car lot not to far away. I want to make sure that i get one with a 350 cause i want to run 35's. The salesman says that he knows that the blazer originally had a 305, but the motor was replacement about three years ago with a rebuild Fliteline motor. He has the receipt from the shop that says its a flightline, but doesn't say which one. I know that the casting number can tell you the model, but the only nuber i found was in the center of the motor at the very back were it meets the trans. The number is 14038651, but i can't find that number online any where. That might not be the right number, but i only had just a sec to look, the lot was closing in 3 minutes. I tried to look for the vin# under the alternator, but i could see anything, again i was really rushed. Can anyone help me out, will a fliteline motor have the same casting numbers? I need help, i am really new to the whole K5 scene, heck i am new to the v-8 scene altogether.

2. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Re: Can\'t find out what engine

Are you 100% certain of that number? If the number is possibly 14088551 and not 14038651 (3's can look alot like 8's and 5's can look like 6's) .. then the mortec web site shows it as:

14088551...305...86-87...2...one-piece rear main seal

Might try getting the invoice (or whatever # they call it) from the receipt and call flightline to see if they can look it up for you.

Hope this helps some ..

3. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Re: Can\'t find out what engine

Oh yeah .. Welcome to the board and please fill out your profile. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif You never know, there may be someone from here just around the corner from you that can help you out.