Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can't find rear output seal for np205

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by djohnsn, Oct 24, 2001.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

Can\'t find rear output seal for np205

Can someone help me find a rear output seal for a np205 (from a 70 Jimmy)? The 1310 yoke is being replaced with a 1330 CV style yoke (SPI2-4-5441- I think) and the diameter of the sealing surface is slightly different. The replacement yoke has a diameter of 1.875". The existing seal has a 3.055" outside diameter and is 1/2" thick. Local parts stores are unable to help me.

DJ
    78 K5

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: Can\'t find rear output seal for np205

I don't know if we have one in stock, but we've been down that road before. Can you call the shop you got the yoke from? We bought one from NAPA so you might try that.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

3. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I finally found a seal with the correct dimensions, but it only has a seal on one side. The seal that I removed looked like a double seal. It had a seal with a spring around it on both the inner and outer side. Do I need this type of seal or will the single sided seal be ok?

DJ
    78 K5

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The single lip will get you by, especially for the rear output. The front output is usually a double seal since it sits under oil all the time.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>