Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can't follow directions worth a ....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DwarF, Sep 3, 2003.

1. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

Can\'t follow directions worth a ....

Ok, so I bought Marv's kit, which was awsome. So awsome in fact, I have to fix some other problems that have become more obvious. His instructions say in no unclear terms that it is for offroad use only. However my truck isn't, so I drive it on the road. The question I have is if any of you have had problems with them opening up on the street if you go over something fast enough to lift the body up?

I have been toying with a rear sway bar, or simply rigging something up to clamp the springer closed for street use. What do you think would be the best solution for this problem?

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Re: Can\'t follow directions worth a ....

i have the setup and have helped instal Or2Play's (the only springer run burban) i have also talked to marv about this same deal. and i have watched both marvs truck, Rob's truck and Brians truck all go down the road with me watching for this very movement. there is none. and all three of these guys drive thier rigs on the road every day.
    it is a very roadworthy setup.

bolt it on and go. make a few shock mounting adjustments and call it a day. you dont need to run anything to keep the bracket in the lock position.

Grant

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Errrr...!?

Where'd ya get it... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Musta been that system I gave away at last year's Blazer Bash... Did you buy it from Ryan...?

Welcome.... and I hope the system serves you well.

The disclaimer is a legal thing, much like the note that comes w/ your Edelbrock aluminum manifold.... 'nuff said.

As far as the rotating brackets "opening up", I have not seen it on the street. I do have one customer who likes to do "smoky/dump the clutch" burnouts on the street, and he has seen it fit to bolt the things shut. But, unless you're drag racing on Friday nite, I don't think its necessary....

Do you have the trackbar mounted yet....?!

Feel free to contact me w/ any ?'s.... Even tho you didn't buy that directly from me, I'm committed to making sure you're happy w/ the results. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Marv

4. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

Ya, I haven't installed the track bar. I did email you about it. I said that I had lost the instructions after I did the springer install, and hadn't been able to get the track bar to work successfully. I didn't recieve a reply, and decided to ask here. I decided to go with Echobit's sliding v-bar for wrap and axle location.

Oh, and yes, I did get it from Ryan.

It is an awsome setup. It has some amazing droop, I think it even gets better droop than the pics you have on your site. Just blows me away. But now, I have to get a slip yoke eliminator, because I bust U-Joints if I get too crazy with it, and I only have a 4" lift!

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Cool...

Some pics would be good of how it works w/ Mike's lower V-Bar... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif have ya got any?

Marv