Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can't get full...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, May 3, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I can't get full lately. Anyone ever have this issue? I had a Carnation instant breakfast shake thing and 2 yogurts for breakfast(my normal breakfast), then I had walmart popcorn chicken for an in between snack(do this every morning since beginning of april), then I had 2 bowls of cereal for lunch, 6 Fluffer Nutter sandwiches when I got home. Had about 5 slices of pizza at a buddy's house. I just got home and thought to myself, "wow I'm not hungry or stuffed for once" so I treated myself with 2 jello cups. MISTAKE! Now I'm hungry again. Not like, just a mild want, like I am close to hunger pains. Its been like this lately, so then I eat a good bit at a time and try to fill up, end up over filling then later I'm hungry again. Just been a week or two like this but it sucks. I can't do situps at night somedays cause I'm too stuffed and working like that makes me want to puke then.

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

yeah I don't know... but I'll be stuffed one minute and starving the next... Sometimes I can hardly finish my dinner, but about a half hour later I'm ready to eat another meal...

A great example of this came along on Saturday morning, I was over at the Bishop's house for Breakfast and his wife fed me about 9 pancakes, 8 crepes, a crap load of fruit, and this awesome bread with some kind of butterscotch topping... I was so stuffed I didn't think I would have to eat for weeks.... That lasted a whole two hours :crazy:

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Man, eat some meat and taters and a big chunk'a buttered bread!

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Thats my usual meals man. Dinner is usually consisting of one of the following, a couple ham steaks, a beef steak, a pound of ground beef, or a pound of chicken. Plus whatever veggies or pasta I make for a sidedish. Last night was a 6 egg, egg white omelet with a whole ham steak cooked and cubed in it. Didn't fill me.

5. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

WHEW!!! i THOUGHT THIS WAS GONNA BE another one of those "Manhood" threads :blush: /*

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I was like that at the beginning of this semester. I could eat and eat and eat and never get full. I was eating all the damn time cause I was bored (early classes aren't such a hot idea if you're lookin to party too), and I started gaining weight. Now, that's a relative term, but I've always been able to eat as much as I want cause my metabolism is run by a nuclear reactor. But I started gaining weight. Recently I started cutting back on how much I ate and have lost the weight, but I wish I would have cut back earlier.

I guess what I'm tryin to say is, watch how much you eat, because it might end up being more than your metabolism can handle. :waytogo:

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

See I have adjusted my diet. i forgot to note that. I'm cutting out chocolate and sugar and adding veggies and fruit. A snack now consists of carrot sticks and an orange where as before it was half a thing of oreos. Maybe my body just needs time to adjust. I'm not excessively active here at school so I wanted to cut back my diet and try not to gain weight(haven't yet, don't want to) and maybe work on turning what I have into more muscle(not that is fat as of out, 5'11" 150lbs, not much fat there).

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Try eating more protein... oatmeal, tuna, cottage cheese, chicken, etc.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My Diet is like 200% protein. Including a protein shake each night my friend.

Note the egg white omelet with ham containing 6 egg whites.

10. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

tapeworm.... :wink1:

11. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

My bet would be age. Between 18 and 24 I could eat any thing and everything and not gain a once. Most likely you are just growing.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Are you like a Alter-boy or something ?? :blush: :p: :wink1: :smirk:

13. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

maybe you're pregnant. :D

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

While I understand you are still really growing till about 24, I haven't grown a half an inch or gained a pound in the past year so I doubt that.

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Could be you just have a super-active metabolism...

I haven't actually researched this, but I do believe that your stomach can expand and shrink, which will change when you think you're full. I'm currently trying to shrink mine a little so I can eat a lite lunch and not be starving when I get home. I force myself to eat a little tiny salad most days for lunch, and try to eat a small dinner. Right now, I hit super-hungry and prowl the house for anything edible when I get home, but I've done this in the past and managed to shrink my intake comfortably until winter. Raise quality/lower quantity, basically. But it's hard to get through the hump of feeling constantly hungry.

It also depends on how fast you can digest certain foods. Junky fatty stuff like Oreo's has useless hydrogenated oil (think solid crisco creamy filling), so it just sits in your stomach and rides through your system longer, so you feel full longer. Eating a nice natural/organic slab of beef will be digested and moved out of your stomach faster, making it feel empty faster.

In my life, I've been able to eat 10 oreos with milk and be full, but then other times be able to eat 3 or 4 plates of lasagna before hitting the full mark. Sometimes after eating at my mom's house, I'm full allll day from her pre-dinner junk food, usually very fatty and oily undigestible garbage that tastes great. I go home and feel like crap before bed, just hoping I can clean it all out by the next day...

Are you more run down and less energetic? If so, you might want to look into this a little more. If not, and you feel fine but just hungry, you're probably ok.

16. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Good point Ratch... The other day we had Frito's Scoops and dip for dinner cuz no one wanted to cook... I was full in a few minutes because of all the visible grease on the chips, and didn't want to eat breakfast the next morning... On the other hand, if I eat a regular meal around 7-8pm, I'm hungry again by 10... if I eat, I gain a pound over night, if I don't eat that late, I stay at 223... That Frito binge costed me 2 lbs...

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

You can shrink and expand your stomach. I'm considering backing off and trying to shrink it. I know some people who have had surgery(no eating before and limited diet after) that never stretched their stomach back. The one chick that comes to mind did it on purpose as a diet thing.

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, I knew a girl who was pretty overweight a few years ago and had it done, and it now pretty slim.

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Well there is stomach stapling. Stomach shrinking is a natural thing. The stomach has to have give or every time you got "stuffed" it would burst or force undigested food down into your colon :blush: