Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can't get my pedal assembly out...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblue, Aug 16, 2003.

1. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

can\'t get my pedal assembly out...

I am having a hell of a time getting my pedal assembly out of my truck. I have unbolted all 4 bolts from the firewall where they go into the master cyl. and the 2 bolts that go next to the steering column. the steering columns then hangs down ... I can't even budge the damn thing....any suggestions ?

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Re: can\'t get my pedal assembly out...

Take the steering column completely out. Just unbolt the 2 bolts that hold the rag joint together at the steering box, and pull it all out. Makes it alot easier to work under there. I wish I could remember exactly how the pedal assembly comes out though, just did my 465 swap within the last year. Hmm....Ok, well I've sat here for a couple minutes and can't remember exactly what it looks like under there..Anyone else? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

I see what you are saying....so unbolt in the engine compartment where the ragjoint is and just pull it out ?

I went ahead and took the saw-zall to the area so there is more room now : )

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Thats pretty much it. Totally remove the steering column from the truck. You'll also have to unplug the big ass electrical connecter thing on the column. It's pretty easy to get them out. When I did mine I tried to do it with the column just resting on the seat, I got tired of fighting with it, so I just pulled it all the wat out. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

gracius

6. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Try hammering or prying the studs from the engine compartment...