Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can't get new vent winow seals to seal! Help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nrose07, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

Can\'t get new vent winow seals to seal! Help!

I got new ones from LMC. They are factory seals, and they fit ok, but not with the window. There is a large space on the top of the window, but even then its really all the way around the window where it leaks from. I took out a 2 piece design and they ones I got are a one piece design. They are supposed to be a updated design, but I can't help wonder if they are for the 70's design. Its a 88'. Thanks guys.

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Can\'t get new vent winow seals to seal! Help!

DUDE!!!!! I've got the same problem. I was just thinking of filling the gaps with some black silicone or something of that matter.

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

You might have the wrong design. You should of put the same two piece design in that you took out. Maybe they sent you the wrong ones.

4. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Just did mine last week and I have the same prob! 1 peice design too. I think I am going the black silicone route myself. Let me know what you figure out.