Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

can't save pictures as .jpg, only .bmp

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 5, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I know we discussed this before and the fix I learned from that was to delete my temp internet files. That worked great, just delete my temp interenet files once a week and I was good. But in the past week its stopped working. It works but within an hour I need to delete the temp files again cause its trying to save .jpgs as .bmps. Is there something I am missing? I delete temp internet files and visit like pirate and look at all the comp rigs, try to save one and bam its already full up???

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Firefox or IE?

One tip: If you have a broadband connection, you can disable your browser cache because it's really not necessary. If you're using Firefox I'd recommend setting memory cache to 10MB and disk cache to 0. With IE you can't turn caching off completely, but you can set your cache file to 1MB. That is a big help to keeping unnecessary stuff off the computer.[​IMG]

So it caches all .jpg files as .bmps, or it only happens when you try a Save Picture As...?

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

only happens when I right click , save picture as. Just discovered a HUGE file that windows so kindly hid inside my temporary internet files. I have "show all hidden files" selected but it decided it was going to further hide the content.IE5 folder which contained thousands and thousands of thumbnails and pictures and files and websites and CRAP. So Firefox here I come.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

still think there is something off. sooner or later I will track this crap down

5. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

It's a bug in IE. Has to do with your installed objects. I had the same problem, and I don't recall which one was doing it. Anyways...
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/archive/index/t-5584.html
    If you don't find any that are broken in there, just remove them all. You'll be prompted to reinstall them when you need them.